Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh I've got you to thank for this...

Here I sit procrastinating packing for my long weekend in St. Ratford. Last night, while I was doing the same thing, I checked my train ticket, and it turns out that I had booked the late night Friday train, instead of the 5 pm Friday train, which was what I'd thought I'd done. I'd made plans to meet up with my friends for drinks this evening, and last night I made a call to confess my mistake, but of course they said that they'd pick me up from the train station at midnight so that they could see me. Yay!

Anyway, since I have a few minutes, and it's Thanksgiving weekend, here are a few things that I am thankful for:

1) Great friends - whether it be my BFF Becca T, my best guy friend Mathew, my group of 9 from back home, my work pals, or my blog buddies (whether they still blog or not), I have great friends.

2) Great music - how could I not be?

3) Great parents - I don't say it enough, but I do love them.

4) A great job - Most of my days at work make me very happy, and they always make me feel like I'm doing something important with my life. My job fulfills me.

5) A great boss - this week we got the news that they are transferring my boss to another school in, oh, a little over a week now. Crazy. I'm quite saddened by this news, but at least I can focus on the fact that I got to have a boss for over three years who I respect, and who I know thinks I rock.

6) The little things in life that brighten my days.

Today I was shopping in Indigo, which is mainly a bookstore, but they've branched out and become a "cultural superstore". This means they sell all kinds of cool knick-knacks for your home, cards, albums, and such. I picked up a cool new painting for my wall because it makes me happy. When I hang it up, I'll post a picture of it. I've been a little off-kilter for a bit now, and I really can't put my finger on the reason. Perhaps it's just a run-of-the-mill rut. Anyway, I'm going to focus on happiness and stop worrying about silly stuff. I used to be much better at this. The new painting should help me remember this.

I also signed up for a yoga class starting next Saturday.

And, I saw the following quote on a card at Indigo, and I'm going to keep this quote in mind for the next while:

“Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder…”– Thoreau

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Happy turkey weekend! Any plans to partake in the madness that is K-W Oktoberfest?

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving!

The Grunt said...

I'm thankful that you are my blog buddy. Is it to late to say that?