Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh sugar spell it out.

Here's some Wednesday randomness. I am well aware that's it's not Wednesday, but I've kept thinking that it is Wednesday all freakin' day, so why stop now?

1) There's an older teacher on staff who always forgets my name. He learned it last year, but apparently it didn't stick. Today he was introducing me to his student teacher and he called me "Ms. Science". I didn't correct it. I like it. Maybe I'll tell my students they get bonus marks for calling me that.

2) It was cold today!! On the way home from school, it actually *snowed*. Little flakes landed on my coat. They didn't stick to the ground, but still. October 21st is too early for flakes to land on my coat.

3) I spent an hour raking leaves today (don't ask) and my back hurts. I feel like a grandma.

4) Rilo has been doing very well. She's such a personable cat. She says hello to me in the morning and follows me around and then chills with me on the couch as I eat my cereal and watch TV. Then, we chill when I get home. Right now, she's mad at me because I have to give her some medicine for her cold which she *hates*. She's hiding in her cat bed now, but I think once she wakes up she'll be over the whole medicine thing. She's a little like a belligerent teenager, and if there's one thing I can handle, it's belligerent teenagers.

5) I have rediscovered Tegan and Sara's album "The Con". I'm addicted to the songs Nineteen and Like O, Like H.

6) I have come to the conclusion that I don't swear on my blog enough. I mean, I don't fucking swear on my blog enough. Swearing is fun. I'm going to do it more often. I think I hold back on my swearing in real life, because I'm afraid I'll slip and do it in front of the kids. I'm on my sixth year of teachering (typo - I'm keeping it), and I've yet to fucking slip yet. So, I think I can loosen up in real life.

7) I can feel a mental health day coming on. Perhaps Thursday if I'm not too lazy to get my shit together. Taking a day off in my profession is more work than dragging yourself in.

All right, so tomorrow really *is* Wednesday, so happy Wednesday, and randomness out!

4 comments:

Scott said...

The snow is way too early. Glad that the cat is settling in nicely.

Fucking As

s said...

you have to love how quickly animals get over things....people really could learn a lot. I am glad your kitty is adjusting well.

Jocelyn said...

totally love tegan and sara!
the cat- way cute.

The Grunt said...

Dear Miss Science,

Tegan and Sara are crack quality addictive. I am a grown manly man and I still have to listen to them from time to time.

Also, I liked this post a whole fucking bunch.

Sincerely,
Mr. Grunt.