Thursday, December 04, 2008

I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything.

Wow, another week is drawing to a close. Only 10 more instructional days until Christmas. Those are the days that count to me. The rest are candy.

Tomorrow's my work Christmas party. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be fun to get dressed up, at the very least. Oh, and I love my work pals so of course it'll be great.

It's been a pretty quiet week. I've been a little bit of a homebody, which is odd for me. Usually I have a bunch of things on the go and I'm running around doing this and that. I've been reading a little bit, knitting a little bit, procrastinating on cleaning and laundry, and following the Parliamentary crisis. Of course, maybe now that Parliament has been prorogued for seven weeks, it means I'll have to go out and do stuff. Hmmm, maybe this week has been my own little prorogue of being busy. Maybe I just needed a little time out. (Note: I think prorogue is every Canadian's word of the day.)

It's been nice spending more time with Rilo though. She's really come out of her shell lately. I've had her now for about a month and a half. At first she was pretty calm, yet inquisitive and friendly. I wondered if she was older than they told me because she wasn't playful at all. That has changed. She's taken to going crazy every evening where she runs around my apartment. One of her favourite routes is to run from the living room, all the way into the bathroom, then hop into the bathtub, turn around and run back into the living room. She will repeat this a few times. I suppose that's how she gets her cardio. Strangely, she has not done this yet this evening. She's chosen to lounge beside me on the couch as I blog.

She also carries around her toy duck once per day. Usually she brings it into my room while I'm sleeping, and occasionally I've woken up with the duck in my bed in the morning.

Earlier this evening, I was chatting with my pal Mathew (Rilo's godfather) on MSN, and he drew this lovely picture of Rilo and her duck.



I think that is the first incidence of guest art on my blog. :)

Here's Rilo looking cute when she hopped up on my desk the other day.



Here she is looking like she's plotting something. Maybe she's going to take down my Christmas tree again or chew through another set of headphones.



Well, I think that's all I have to say after my dull week. I'm sure I'll have Christmas party shenanigans to entertain you with soon.

2 comments:

The Grunt said...

I like the look in Rilo's eyes on the last shot.

Jocelyn said...

rilo is gorgeous.
wintersongs is good; i would buy it just for the sara bareilles/ingrid michaelson first track. love the song.