Sunday, December 14, 2008

The revolution wasn't bad; we hit the streets with all we had.

Weekend rundown:

1) Stars was fan-fucking-tastic! What a great concert to end this year which has been a year of concerts for sure. In 2008, I've been to at least 17 shows + SXSW, so yah, it's been the year of the concert for me. And Stars was a great show to end this year with.

The opening band, Gentlemen Reg, was great. I'd heard *of* them, and maybe have a song or two of theirs, but not overly familiar with them. They were really fun to see live. They have a new album coming out in February, so I'm interested in that.

Stars were phenomenal. They played pretty much every song that I wanted to hear, and it was just an incredibly high energy show in a great venue. I had fourth row seats, which were wicked, and ah, what can I say. It's hard to describe such a show. I have a huge crush on Amy Milan, by the way. Oh, and the lights were way cool. And, Torq shouted out the mall across the street from my school. Neat-o.

2) I slept on Saturday. Pretty much all day Saturday. I believe that I dragged myself to Shopper's at some point to get OJ. I technically think I should have stayed at home Friday, but I wasn't prepared to take a second day off, *and* I would have felt guilty going out on the eve of a second sick day. Damned in-grained guilt complex that I possess. Anyway, so, as a result, Saturday was a complete day of rest.

3) Today I managed to get out and get my Christmas shopping almost finished. I also got distracted by cute clothing on sale and a total splurge on boots I've been coveting. No one's going to be buying those for me, and they're never going on sale, and they match my splurge coat perfectly. I could still take them back, but I'm growing too attached to them.

4) Tonight I avoided responsibility (i.e. marking) by cooking dinner for myself, then inviting my pal Mathew over to help me eat said dinner, and going for coffee with him and dropping by Walmart for heavy stuff (i.e. cat litter). Walmart is so unpleasant, but when someone's going to drive you there to get heavy things, and they are the only place you know that stocks a particular brand of delicious baked dill pickle chip, what do you do?

5) I think my voice is okay because it just survived a long phone conversation with Becca T.

6) And oh, guess who's got her first concert tickets of 2009? And guess who they are for? Fave band = Weakerthans! Woot!

So five more days of this whole working thing, and then it's vacay. Can I survive? I think so.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

its amazing the amount of cooking/baking/cleaning/rearranging that can be done when there are 'responsibilities' to be brushed aside eh? i consider myself a champion of this as well

Jason Carlin said...

Yep. Saw Stars that week too. Brilliant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the2scoops/sets/72157611127979115/