Good thing that blogging involves me posting through my fingers because my voice is shot these days. Yes, I think I did catch whatever throat ailment that everyone and their cat has, either that, or I'll never be able to go to another basketball game ever again because of the havoc it wreacks on my vocal chords.
Today at school my scratchy voice was quite a topic of conversation. My students told me that I should have stayed home. (In retrospect, I should have.) One of my teacher friends made fun of me all day. For example, when I was complaining about something to her, she said "That sounds as bad as your voice does." Snap. My period 4 class, who are lovely people, said "awwww" in unison when I told them I was sick.
Anyway, lesson plans for tomorrow have been been placed in my mailbox, and a supply has been called and I plan to sleep in and spend a day of not talking and drinking tea and hopefully that will help everything. I plan to spend sometime on my sick day catching up on my marking since the pile is growing and I think might be my eventual downfall since it's getting so heavy to carry home and back.
No comments:
Post a Comment