My work-friends and I picture our work as a sitcom. Cataloging all of the characters and the sitcom-y moments is a great way to cope.
Tomorrow's the season finale. We have some meetings, then a social and it's a two-month hiatus.
The hiatus sort of started today. I slept in, got a pedicure, treated myself to sushi, went to the gym, and had a small nap. I also read 100 pages in the interim as well. After a really nice me-day, I headed out west to the pretty inn where our school has graduation. This year's graduating class was very special. There were some great kids, and I'm really going to miss them. I feel very privileged to have made a difference in so many lives.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to summer. It's going to be a great one. I've got a lot of fun things planned so far: cross-boarder shopping trips, concerts, visits from Becca T, lots of exercise and clean eating. I feel like July is going to be like today: still lots of socializing but alone time to relax and rejuvenate.
I fly to Kenya on the 29th. We have an overnight to London, then a bit of a stopover, and then a long flight to Nairobi. I can't believe that it's just a little over a month away!
But first, let's see how the season finale plays out.
2 comments:
Such an exciting time! xx
I like that idea - work as a sitcom! I imagine a lot of my workmates as cartoon characters. This summer is going to be awesome! I can't believe you're going to Kenya - so exciting!!
Post a Comment