Somehow week three of summer vacay has crept up upon me. I have to say that I'm feeling super relaxed these days... I walk around in a zen-like state of relaxation. It's a good place.
I've spent these last few days spending lots of time with various friends. Some good dinners out, some good dinners in, a bit of shopping, a cardio martial arts class, and lots of good conversation.
In my time on my own, I've been binge-watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix (verdict = love) and reading the book that the series is based upon.
Really, there's not a whole lot more going on. I should be devoting more time to organizing my apartment and going to yoga classes. I guess I'm not totally relaxed if I'm still criticizing my use of time, huh?
I have a few more things to complete on my Kenyan to-do list: mainly get some Kenyan shillings, some US dollars to pay for my visa, and purchase some steel-toed workboots, coveralls, and work gloves to wear while doing construction projects there. Oh, and more sunblock (can't have too much of that, I figure) and assorted other items.
I was thinking of booking a haircut before my trip, but I am going to leave my hair at its current length for the trip. I can sort of tie it back at this point. I feel I'm going to be wearing my hat a lot of the time over there. I will resume my pampering schedule (hair, nails, etc.) once I return.
I can't believe in two weeks today, I'll be arriving in Nairobi. Getting there is seriously going to take two days. We flight out on an overnight flight on July 29th, have a 10-hour layover in London, and then it's another 8-hour overnight flight to Nairobi. I feel like the journey there will be half of the battle. Anyone else survived a flight to Africa? I guess I've done Australia, but this seems more arduous. I know few people who've actually been to Africa. It'd be cool to get travel trips from someone. Even though I have a detailed packing list, I feel like I'll forget something important.
All this thinking; that's summer life. Hope you are all well, and surviving any heat wave you may be facing. We are in the midst of one.
2 comments:
It does sound like you are quite relaxed. I'm counting down the days to my summer holiday. Kenya is so soon! I hope you have a wonderful time.
xx
My advice would be to buy your work boots sooner rather than later and wear them as much as possible before you go. Pack band aids for blisters, work boots can be hard on your feet when they are new. Christa
Post a Comment