I believe the rain at Sunday's Turf show killed my trusty iPhone 3GS. I started having problems with it on Sunday night, and then it worked properly again early Monday morning, but by about 10 am, the screen was really dim (it wasn't the settings). I could at least still get calls and texts but it was hard to read. Anyway, it was probably the best time ever for me to break my phone as it was 3.5 years old and I was ready for a new one. I was going to hold out until Apple released the next iPhone (most likely so I could get the iPhone 5 for cheaper), but here I am with a new iPhone5 with a nice bright screen and oh-boy is it fast with a much much better camera.
Back to hating the rain. Hey - that song is playing on my record player right now. I love Neko forever.
So, how did I spend rainmageddon? (All extreme weather event are required to be suffixed in -mageddon, right?)
Well, rainmageddon started off as a humid, yet sunny day. I woke up and decided to run on the treadmill on the gym to pre-work off the feast I'd be having later in the day. After my run, Becca T came over to visit Ms. Rilo and listen to some records, and then we headed off to High Tea at the very nice Windsor Arms hotel. We had to wear our sunglasses on the way there as it was so sunny.
Near the end of high tea, we noticed that it was really dark out, and right before we were going to leave, it started really coming down. There was no way we were going out there, so we decided to hang out in the Windsor Arms' bar and have some Prosecco. Good call on our part. We were able to keep up with the havoc that rainmageddon was wreaking on Toronto on the bar TV. (I tried to check Twitter on my busted phone and joked "There's either flooding or flooring in Toronto right now... it's really hard to read on this thing.")
Becca had organized a drinks night at a pub at 7 pm, so we had to brave it. Luckily, by the time we left at about 6:30 pm, it was raining at a reasonable rate. We walked to Bloor subway stations, where it was utterly chaotic. Various portions of the subway were closed down. However, Bloor to Lawrence was open, which was really fortunate for us, since that encompassed where we were, where the pub was, and where both of us had to go home.
We were lucky ducks for sure. I have a friend who lives in Etobicoke who was still without power this morning. I was only inconvenienced by having to hang out in a really nice hotel bar with a nice glass of sparkling wine.
2 comments:
Glad you survived the rain (and in style no less). I kind of need a new phone but am putting it off for now. I am also desperate for a record player and will probably get one of those long before I get a new phone. I will become a vinyl junkie though. Oh well. :)
I got really wet outside a clients home then drove home and took a nap. Then I woke up to find out that the power outages in Toronto took out the Fight Network during Fighting Spirit Wrestling. It just isn't Monday night without some Japanese wrestling. Know what I mean?
You probably don't.
Post a Comment