I loved that today, being the first day of school, also felt like the first day of fall. Who wants to wear their summer clothes when they spent their last weekend of summer picking up a few new pieces for fall? Not me, and I was happy to wear a new dress today. The best was that since it was rather cool, I could wear a new(ish) jean jacket on the way to/from school.
Anyway, I'm also getting super excited for music that's being released this fall and I'm glad that the weather is co-operating.
Of course, today was the big release of Neko Case's new, and VERY EXCELLENT album "The Worse It Gets, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You" and I picked up the deluxe edition on vinyl today and I'm listening to it now on my little record player and loving it. It's such an amazing album. This is my favourite song.
One of my musical guilty pleasures is emo pop-punk sounding music. I have always had a huge crush on the lead singer of the band Dashboard Confessional, and I was happy to stumble across his new side project, Twin Forks, who is coming out with a new EP on Sept. 17th. This song is adorable.
On Sept 24th, Matthew Good is coming out with a new album that I'm looking forward to.
And, lastly, my beloved Los Campesinos! are coming out with a new album soon. They posted this trailer, and I've already pre-ordered the (pink!) LP.
Yay fall!
1 comment:
New albums and new tours all come in Autumn - it is such a good time for new music! I'm super excited as Sleigh Bells are back too!
Post a Comment