Sunday, September 15, 2013

Had a good trip home. My mom had her surgery on Friday and is in good spirits after it. I'm not sure how long she'll be in the hospital undergoing rehabilitation, but she's comfortable and out of pain so that's great. I was able to help my dad out around the house, do some grocery shopping and run errands so that was good. He usually does all those things himself, but he doesn't do as well without my mom around. Other than hospital visits and driving around town, I didn't do much this weekend. I was able to combine exercise with some socializing though. My Toronto friend Karen was in town for the Dragonboat festival. I ran to the river to watch her race and say hi, then ran back home. I also went to a yoga class this morning too. I feel good that I took care of myself as well this weekend. Now I sit waiting for the accursed always-delayed 9 pm train. Taking this thing always makes for a rough Monday. The other train is at 8:30 am, so that's why I am always stuck with my nemesis. Yes, I've decided that my nemesis is a train. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Monday! Glad to hear the surgery went well and that she is in good spirits and that you and your Dad are doing okay too xxx

rawbean said...

Yes glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope your mom has a speedy recovery!!

Jocelyn said...

I'm catching up slowly but surely on all your past posts! Sorry to hear about your mom- I'm glad that she is feeling good after the surgery. You seem like such a good daughter. AND you kept up with your fitness... awesome.

Jabba said...

Oh the first world problem of reading your posts in order. I was all worried about your mom 2 minutes ago and now find out she's doing better!

I hope she's home soon, remember they do like to kick you out of the hospitals as soon as they can!

The worst is over!?