AKA what I'm into these days, where #1 is...
1) Listening to Los Campesinos! loudly on vinyl as Rilo Kitty makes this face
For a cat named after an emo-ish band, she does not tolerate my emo moods with loud music.
2) This song by Sia from her album "1000 Form of Fear". My favourite song is "Elastic Hear" because, sigh, it describes my life. But good album overall.
3) Rainbow Rowell - She wrote the amazing YA book "Eleanor & Park" which *everyone* should read. Male, female, old, young, whatever. If you have a heart, you'll love this book. I just read one of her adult novels, "Attachments", and it was warm and fuzzy, yet not lame, and made me feel happy. Imma gonna read every one of her books.
4) Beer - I used to love wine, but these days, I prefer beer. What the what? Also, I was in the LC (I prefer Manitoba lexicon folks), and a lady was asking an employee to help her find Corona Light (what that exists?), and he said they didn't carry it. Then, she said "okay, where are your light beers, you know, beers for women?" And in my eavesdropping head, I wanted to say "wha?? All of the beers are for women! You are just looking for the subsection of beers for lightweights, which does not include me, who is a woman." Ugh. Everyday sexism.
5) Becca T is here! It's a nice day when your BFF/roomie for five years is staying in your home like it is almost university and it takes a good ten-plus years off of your age, and you stay up gossiping about boys like you are 21 years old. Good times. And tomorrow we will shop and watch movies. I want to take her to see "Begin Again" which I saw last week, but is the perfect movie to see with your music-loving BFF.

2 comments:
You will soon be embarking on your own Euro adventures so I cannot wait to see your pics! Also I will check out Rainbow's writing. I have Eleanor and Park on hold at the pub. library. I am looking forward to it!
Enjoy the rest of your summer break!!!
Yay Becca T! I hope you guys had a great time - like time spent with you wouldn't be a blast.
That beer story bothers me. What kind of woman would say that??
I'm the opposite, I've decided I don't like beer and I'm enjoying wine. If we lived in the same town I would cheerily challenge you to change my mind.
Oh and I'm going to read that book you recommended because I'm looking for something nice and light to read in September!!
Post a Comment