Thursday, November 03, 2005

And you can spell anything and I've got a magic ring...

Yay to Aaron for correctly getting the brain teaser. If you add a line to one of the plus signs to make it look like a four, then 1 + 1 + 1 = 142!

I ordered "The Truth (with Jokes)" by Al Franken on Amazon and it arrived today. I can't wait to read it. I love my *slightly* biased political humour. As long as the bias is the same one that I have, it's all good to go. I also got a book for my Dad for Christmas (so that I'd qualify for free shipping). It's called "The Know-It-All : One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World". It's about a man whose goal is to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Anyway, my dad once tried to do this. When I saw the book once in Indigo, I knew I had to get it for him. Anyway, it looks pretty good. There's a favourable quote on the front from Jon Stewart (who I have a huge crush on, of course). Anyhow, I'm totally going to read it when he's done with it. Or maybe even before I give it to him. Now, before you say that's horrible, I'll tell you about how I always knew what books I was getting for Christmas because I'd see my dad reading them a week before. So it's totally fine to read any book you're gonna give my dad.

Not that I have time to read it. I have to read "The Kite Runner" for the staff book club. I actually read it in the spring, but I need to re-read it so I can wow everyone with my brilliant insights. ;)

Did I mention I'm seeing Ben Lee in 3 days? Well, I am and I'm excited because I haven't been to a concert since the beginning of September. That's far too long for my tastes.

I saw a poster for the new Harry Potter movie on the subway today. I'm very exited for that. Only 2 more weeks!

Tonight is Survivor/The Apprentice. I'm not very into this Survivor but it sure beats doing stuff.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

John Cowart said...

Hi Christielli,
Just visting via my daughter's blog (Cabages & Kings). Sounds as though you're getting your dad some neat books for Christmas. Those are cool cartoons you've previously posted. And the necklace you made came out fine.
Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Scott said...

Hola! Thanks for continuing to check out my blog.. nice to have a few people that atually read it... haha. I have read the book that you got your dad, it was a fun read. Lot's of useless trivia. Another good one is called "The Yes Man" it is about a guy who makes a committment to say yes to everything that he is asked to do for like six months. Pretty funny stuff.

Take care,

Scott

Unknown said...

I can't wait for Harry Potter either, I hated the third movie, but I have a feeling this one is going to be good :D New director (again). My girls and I have decided to start our own book club and we are reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire. Enjoy your books!