Gah besmirch! There's an election coming up. My MP was already at my door tonight telling me she'd like to keep her job. She seemed pleasant. Last week, when they were swacking about the possibility of an election, Peter Kent from Global TV was standing outside my subway station with a sign for the Conservatives. Guess he's running in my riding.
Anyway, I hope the only time that I use the words "Stephen Harper" and "Prime Minister" in the same sentence is when I say "Thank God Stephen Harper did not become Prime Minister."
Let's switch the topic from things I hate (Stephen Harper) to things I love (Stephen Colbert). Every night I tape the Daily Show/Colbert Report and watch them as I eat dinner. I love both shows, although I admit I'm really liking the Colbert Report since it's still a novelity.
Well, I'm gonna go meet up with TB tonight for coffee. We never met up last night because it was gross and rainy and neither of us wanted to leave our apartments. At this time of year, I'd perfer snow to rain.
7 comments:
what's wrong with stephen harper? just kidding ;].
ahhh I'm glad I can keep reading your blog through this election, since you seem to feel the same way about Harper that I do. Good on you.
Cool post... love the daily show as well. would love them to do a Canadian election show like they did for the US election. That would be fun.
Scott
I still waiting for the day when they show up and tell me that they despise their job and to never vote for them. That would so get my vote : P
I'm sick of the rain, hope your coffee was good!
i agree with your "Stephen Harper" statement.
Colbert's first show for Canada syndication was hilarious!
And Jon Stewart with Samantha Bee earlier this week after the no-confidence vote this week was priceless: "we have this thing called parliament..."
They should have him come up to Toronto and do a show a la Conan, and have Rick Mercer on to do a guest special or something....it might be banned from television for dangerous hilarity though.
Post a Comment