Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Commet allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme-ci comme-ca. Yes a penguin taught me French back in Antarctica.

Yesterday I did something silly. I went grocery shopping after work and then stopped off at the mailroom downstairs to check my mail. Anyhow, I get up to my apartment and notice I'm missing a bag of groceries. I look around my apartment; thinking maybe I put it down somewhere illogical. So, I had to go all the way downstairs to the mailroom and I found the missing bag right underneath my mailbox. I lucked out because no one was there to see me pick up some strange bag. I would have felt cool. Oh and I'm pretty sure that no one poisoned my groceries while I was down there since I'm feeling fine today.

I had a sort of easy day at work today. Well, it was different. It was "Take Your Kids To Work Day" so all of the grade 9s were gone. That means I should have had a couple of free periods, but there was another event going on so I ended up covering some other classes. In one of the classes, I decided to be super-bitch at the beginning of the class and I heard some kid say "Whoa, she's strict." That actually warmed my heart! They never think I'm strict. Woo! Of course, by the end of the period, I reverted to my fun self and did brainteasers with them.

Ooh. Perhaps I can entertain my blog audience with one of my favourites. Okay, add one line somwhere to the equation below to make it true. (No, it's not the "does not equal" line.)

1 + 1 + 1 = 142

I'll give y'all the answer next post.

So tonight I was digging around in my "special stuff box" and I came across I couple of fun cartoons that I'd clipped and saved.

This one used to hang on my fridge forever:



And I cut out this one meaning to stick it on a chemistry test sometime:

Here's a picture of my "special stuff box" which in itself is actually one of my prized possesions. I painted it and podgied old ticket stubs to it. That was a couple years ago and now it's filled with lots more ticket stubs.


So tonight I plan on reading a bit, knitting a bit, and watching Martha's Apprentice to see if crazy Jim gets fired. Have an enjoyable Wednesday evening and a fun Thursday!

5 comments:

m@ said...

lol crazy Jim is hilarious!
I love Foxtrot, McNally Robinson here had a bunch of the compendiums on sale, so of course I had to buy them. Jason is the kind of kid I look back and see myself as.

Scott said...

I am struggling with the brainteaser. It is going to have me thinking all day. Good stuff.

I did know that Hippo's are mean, but man they are cool looking dudes.

Scott

EveyQ said...

You're just lucky the SWAT team wasn't called out for the suspicious package....You've had the random guy on the 6 o'clock news going " Man, there was couscous everywhere, man!"

Aaron said...

oooooh that took me too long, I definitely woulda gone with the 'does not equal' but 141 + 1 definitely does = 142 :D

Unknown said...

I love your cute little box, such a neat keepsake box!