Well, today was the last full day of classes! And, it was also the day I told my students that I'd be in the Christmas spirit when I've been dealing with the comment "Oh c'mon Miss, get into the Christmas spirit!" when I've made them do work.
Anyhow, I couldn't get a TV period 1, so that poor class did get a full lesson today. However, I game 'em a pretty easy assignment and told them that if they worked on it in class, they wouldn't have any homework over the holidays. My evil plan worked and they worked well. Muahahaha!
I was luckier in periods 3 and 4 since I did get a TV. In both classes, they watched The Grinch with Jim Carey as I marked a pile of assignments.
Tomorrow we have 15 minute classes and then a Christmas concert. The kids go home at noon, the staff have lunch, then we go home and get two glorious weeks off!
Anyhow, tomorrow I'm taking the train home to Stratford. I'll stick around there for a week, then come back to TO for New Year's and then off to Cuba.
I'm not sure when I'll get around to posting next, so Merry Christmas to all you crazy kids!!
p.s. Check this out for some holiday laughs at the expenses of some deserving celebrities.
7 comments:
Have a merry Christmas, a great New Years, and an awesome time in Cuba!
you know... see... that's what i'm talking about. how come my biochem professor couldn't all be getting into the holiday spirit and just show us the grinch on the last day of classes instead of having an exam?
merry xmas. can you pick me up some cubans and smuggle them into the states?
have fun!!
Yessss, Christmas is sooo close I can taste it....
Here's to a Holly Joly Christmas, a Delicious New Year and tons of fun in the sun.
Yipppeee! For the last day of classes :) Enjoy your break!
I hope the impending strike of Via Rail does not derail your plans. Have a merry Xmas.
Have a wicked holiday and trip!! I am decidedly jealous that you get two full weeks off but I won't be minding my week off.
Scott
Happy Christmas to you too... glad you liked the ninja mice. Hope Cuba is awesome (am only momentarily jealous as my vacay's in April). Wave hi as you fly over FL :P
Post a Comment