Getting ready for the holidays is no holiday, I tell you.
I feel that I have this gigantic teetering mountain of paper that is going to crush me any day now. And it's only growing by the day. And I need to have it all dealt with before the holidays because when I get back, I have tests to write, projects to assign, exams to write and a lot more curriculum to shove down the poor kids' throats before the end of the semester. Hopefully, my days in Stratford and Cuba will divert my impending burn out.
And, if school isn't going to burn me out, the holidays are. My to-do list is shrinking, but it's all of the chores I hate that I've left to the end. Namely, I have to figure out who I need to give Christmas cards too. Then, I have to clean my apartment and clean out the fridge and pack for going home. All chores I do not like.
Okay, rant over. Feel better.
I did have an enjoyable Christmas moment today. I left school when it was dark and it was snowing. It was the fun kind of snow - big fluffy flakes coming down at a slow pace. Hawksley Workman's version of "Silent Night" was playing on the iPod and I felt very Christmas-y and happy and not stressed out.
On that note, I'm gonna go tackle those Christmas cards. Perhaps literally.
5 comments:
One more day for me, Christy, one more day!!! As I'm writing this it's Tuesday night and I just got back from our school Christmas concert. I directed one of the 2 choirs - a little nerve-wracking but it went well. Tomorrow we'll be playing board games, watching a movie, and going skating for the last day of school. And literally as soon as school as finished I severely NEED to a) clean my freaking pigsty of a house b) do the other half of my Xmas shopping. c) sleeeeep iiinnnnn.
;)
deep breaths! you're almost done... and off to cuba you go! (lucky)
So excited for you and your trip to CUBA. Very very jealous. Only two and a half more days of school for ya.
Scott
Don't let the prospect of more work overwhelm you. It will always be there even if you don't finish it and if you finish it, you will have more work to do. Just let it happen. LOL. Have fun for the next two weeks. Happy Holidays.
bwahahahaha
On that note, I'm gonna go tackle those Christmas cards. Perhaps literally.
too funny. my feelings exactly.
Post a Comment