Saturday, December 10, 2005

Goth-ic fla-vour, how I miss you.

Last night I had a fun early Christmas gift exchange with TB. TB was my roommate for 5 years in university and my best friend/therapist/partner-in-concert-going-crime. She had horrid taste in music when she moved in with me and had only been to one concert in her life (Britney Spears - although she wasn't sure what she was even going to when she had accepted the ticket). Anyway, after living with me her taste in music and concert-going behaviours showed incredible improvements. Once of my friends commented to me "That's so cool that you and TB were randomly paired up in residence. What are the chances that two people so obsessed with music would be matched? I laughed at him and said "She wasn't always that way..."

Anyhow, she totally enjoyed the Rock Chick themed gift that I got her. And she got me an iDog (one of those little robotic dogs that you can hook up to your iPod and it lights up and dances...) Here's a pic of mine sitting on my desk shelf beside my Sydney Starbucks mug:



He seems to be developing a Rock/Punk personality from listening to my music.

After opening presents, we went to see "Walk the Line". I liked it and thought the Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did amazing jobs of acting/singing in it.

Today I did a bit of shopping with my pal with Whitby who came to Toronto to escape the 'burbs. I picked up a couple more Christmas gifts - I'm oh-so-close to being finished my shopping.

Not sure what I'm doing tonight... Hope you all have happy Saturday nights!

Oh and check out these Christmas lights!

1 comment:

Lea said...

Ooooh I saw that IDog in the store, that's so cool that you got one!!
I totally want to see "Walk the Line". Don't you just love the song "Hurt" by Johnny Cash?