Sunday, December 04, 2005

The world lives for the weekend, while I watch as my weeks bleed into them...

Well, 15 more working days to go until 2 weeks off. Yay! It just seems like I have so much to do in the upcoming weeks it's pretty overwhelming. Oh well, no need to stress - somehow in life things always get finished.

My weekend was uneventful but here are some highlights:
  • Watched lots of Sex and The City on DVD. My roommate got the complete series for her birthday and hence I profit.
  • Braved the Eaton Centre on Saturday and got some presents. Got earrings and a watch for my mom, some airplane Christmas tree ornaments for my pals the Ws and their son, a couple of books for my roommie, and a set of Sudoku books for my dad. Only got one thing for me in the process (a really cheap tealight holder at Pier 1).
  • Finished the dishes from the Book Club meeting.
  • Hit the new Winners store at Bloor and restrained from buying a new purse.
  • Watched the new episode of Desparate Housewives - I hate Bree's son.
  • Marked and prepped some lessons. Did not do enough of either.
  • Acted as my friend's boyfriend's physics phone-a-friend and helped him with some logarithm questions.
  • Procrastinated and did not do any laundry or grocery shopping. Tasks for Monday I guess.

Okay, well this has turned into the most boring blog entry ever. Hmm... maybe I should ask a thought-provoking controversial question to spice things up...

Thinking, thinking, thinking....

Here's one that came up in our book club discussion of "The Lucky Bones".... In the novel, the main character is a 14 year old girl who has been murdered. Her heaven is like a high school, because she died when she was in middle school and she had been looking forward to high school. So, what do you think your heaven would look like?

4 comments:

-jason- said...

my heaven will be whatever it feels like to finish 5 exams and a lab practical on december 16th 2005 =].

phone-a-friend for physics huh? boy i could've used some help when i took physics. it is by far the subject i've had the most trouble with.

actually... on second thought. my heaven would be hanging out with all my old friends i haven't seen in awhile... cause that's what i'm looking forward to this winter break. anything beyond that is too far ahead.

have a good monday!

EveyQ said...

very cool questions... ponder, ponder, ponder... my heaven would change everday. One day it would be hiking on the perfect fall day, another would be snowy day by the fireplace or wandering all day in the Louvre or working in a library in Greece (so could have happened in real life but I don't speak Greek, darn!) or...

Raina* said...

I'm with eveyq.....my heaven would change daily. Today, my heaven would be like the Sassy Bead Co. I'm missing it soo much lately. Loved everything about that store...the beads, the colors, the people, the classes, the laughter, the buzz.....everything. And I never felt rushed. Jimmy understood this was my 'one place' and left me for hours to ponder and play.

Unknown said...

I have no idea what my heaven would be. I think as long as my good friends and family, and Lee were there with me, I'd be happy.