Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Be kind to me or treat mean, I'll make most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine.

What a busy Tuesday.

I got to school early to help out with the breakfast club. I cooked scrambled eggs. Yes, I cooked. Me, who received a birthday card with the greeting "Every pot is a no-stick pot if you no cook in it."

I had a science department workshop this afternoon, so I didn't have to teach my period 4 class. We took a break where I ran down to the caf to grab a coffee and I ran into about 3 of my period 4 students in the halls. They were like "Miss! You're skipping class!" to which I replied "I'm skipping class? Hello, where are you supposed to be right now?"

After school I helped the set crew paint the school for the musical. Yes, I painted. My painting skills are only about a smidgen above my cooking skills. Anyway, it was pretty fun.

I got off one subway stop early on the way home to run a couple of errands. I stopped by Roots and looked at their leather purses. I love those purses but they're ridiculously priced. *sigh* You'll be pleased to know that I averted a frivolous impulse buy.

I walked home taking a detour through the cemetary. It's was so lovely outside today. Dare I say spring is here?

Tomorrow is the dreaded grade 10 literacy test. Ontario requires students to pass this test to graduate high school. It's a huge pressure for schools to maintain decent pass rates, especially schools with less academically-oriented students (like mine). Anyway, any positive energy you could send my students' way would be appreciated. ;)

Since everyone loves Ikea, I'll leave you with a cartoon I got today via email.


8 comments:

m@ said...

cooking AND painting, wow, you're all domestic-like, lol.
On a scale of 1-10, I'd say it was maybe a 4 or 5. Doing something like stubbing my toe hurt more. It's not sustained pain, so it's all good.
Good luck to your kiddies!!

s said...

Today was like spring, but I won't say it was spring in case I jinx it. Love the cartoon. I would not get hired! - I almost had an impulse buy yesterday too - but it was a cat....the boys NEED a sister!

wes said...

ha ha, that cartoon is funny. I think its safe to say spring is here. Its definitely here in toon town. Good luck kids! :)

-jason- said...

great cartoon. made for a good laugh after a long day. *sending good vibes to your students*.

Anonymous said...

I am wishing your students well in one of their last hoops to jump in high school.

I love that cartoon.

Scott said...

Love the cartoon. Excellent stuff... you were at Roots in my neck of the woods. I want a bag from there (like a briefcase) so nice but so expensive.

Scott

Unknown said...

I love that funny!

X said...

LOLOLOLOLOL.....God bless Ikea and Ikea humour!

Dude, the weather is awesome! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny too, yay happy!