Ben Lee was extremely enjoyable last night. I love seeing a quality artist in a small venue. The only disappointment was that he didn't play "Apple Candy", which is Becca T's favourite Ben Lee song, but she took it well. He played "Bruised", which is a song that he did with Ben Folds and Ben Kweller (as the Bens), which made me happy. I've decided that "Bruised" is my second favourite song of all-time; my first being "Reconstruction Site" by the Weakerthans. After that I'm stumped. I only have the top two settled on.
I had a super lazy Sunday. I read a book called "Something Blue" by Emily Giffin. It's a sequel to her first book "Something Borrowed" which I did not much care for, but I was intrigued to see what happened to the characters. I much preferred the sequel, even though there were some things that bothered me. One of them being that the main character is supposed to be not the smartest person, yet uses words like bucolic and sybarite. Puh-lease. I think the author was trying to show off her vocabulary there... Anyhow, despite my grumblings, the damned thing made me cry a bit. Yeesh.
I had an interesting question posed to me today: if you could attend any three concerts in history, what would they be?
My answers:
1) Ben Folds playing with the Western Australian Symphony Orchestra in Perth. Luckily I've got that one on DVD.
2) I would have liked to see the Beatles. I'm not picky on the show.
3) Beethoven - I'd preferably see him conduct a symphony like in the movie Immortal Beloved (not sure of the historical accuracy of that).
So, dearest reader, what would your three concerts be?
9 comments:
Beethoven in his element would have been one amazing thing to see I think.
I'd like to see a Metallica S&M concert, if I can take a second to be a rock fan :P
The third concert would be a big one with all my fav. bands, lol this concert which exists only in my head.
That's a rather sweeping question.
1. U2 Slane Castle, Ireland - Elevation Tour
2. 3 days of music and peace and love @ Woodstock Music Festical, 1969
3. Glastonbury Music Festival, Scotland, any year.
number one is easy, it would have been Nirvana in Seattle, before they became huge, so around the summer or fall of 1991 would have been perfect.
my number two would be one I actually attended, and that was Face to Face's farewell tour in 2004, it was awesome.
and my third choice would be a Radiohead concert, one from the past few years, so they would cover all of their musical library.
My three top concerts of all time to see would be:
Lollapalooza 1992: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Porno for Pyros, Cypress Hill, House of Pain, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder
U2 - Rattle and Hum Tour
Dave Matthews - Live at Luther College
Hrmm, lets go with....
1) Woodstock 1969
2) Pink Floyd - Wall Tour
3) any circa Nirvana festival
I'm neglecting newer/non-defunct bands cause I still see/have the chance to see them.
i read 'something borrowed' and 'something blue' too. i was hesitant to read the sequel at first - i thought - a whole book with darcy as the main character?? but i actually did like it.
would LOVE to see u2 in ireland, glastonbury, and would have loved to see live 8 in london. although i did go to the canadian live 8.
1) radiohead @ radio city music hall last date of their ok computer tour spring 1998 before taking a break and heading into the studio. i actually went to this show, and i'd see it again if i could
torrent link: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=7656
2) any edgefest from around the time i was in high school (1992-1997). it was a time of great/fun music. remember the killjoys? what about when naveed first came out? sloan and the trebs are both @ an 95 edgefest... along with jale. remember them? that's old school.
3) tchaikovsky violin concerto, w/ isaac stern as solo.
happy tuesday.
the beach boys
woodstock
U2
Top three concerts:
- U2 - I still haven't seen them yet....next time, my friends, no matter what the cost!
- Led Zeppelin - would have been awesome.
- K, i;m wrestling between three for my third choice....Glenn Miller, Woodstock or Monteray Pop Festival. No clue which one I would want to see more.
Post a Comment