Oh man... I think I crammed a whole week's worth of March Break into the first day.
First off - I wore my spring jacket today for the first time this year! Woot! It was a lovely day outside!
Had brunch with Becca T and my pal FF (who'd gone to Austrlia with me). Mentioned to FF that I wanted to go to Wales. We're going to look into going in August. I really hope I can get the trip together. I need something to look forward to this summer since I'm going to be spending July taking a course.
After brunch we hightailed it to the Eaton Centre and did some shopping. I got a spring scarf from H&M, some of my fave Body Wash from Sephora and an Olympic sweatshirt and pants from the Bay (they're on sale now).
FF had to go back to Whitby. I returned home so that I could pick up a package at the post office and drop off my shopping. Then Becca T and I went and took the subway and the complimentary shuttle bus to Ikea. The shuttle bus kills me. It's so rickety - I call it the refugee bus.
Anyhow, Becca T bought a bunch of stuff at Ikea but I'm proud to say that I only spent $6. I've never had an Ikea trip so cheap. Saving up for Wales, uh-huh.
Went back home. Grabbed a bite to eat and then got ready for my friend J's 30th bday party. It was a lot of fun. Oh man, I miss my friends who I neglect even though I live in the same city. Argh. I MUST make a point of hanging out with people more often. It's pathetic. I moved back to Toronto a year and a half ago because: a) I love this city; and b) I missed my friends after I taught up north for a year. Well, I see the darned city every day but I average getting together with most of my friends once every six months; usually when it's someone's birthday.
Becca T and I spend sometime looking through old pictures with J's roommate. There was a group of us who hung out a lot in the summer of 2001 and it was too fun going through those old pics. Gosh, we look young! Since the 5 year anniversary of that summer is coming up, we've decided we're going to have a "reunion" summer.
Also saw my friend L, who I also hadn't seen in forever. We also decided that our track record of seeing each other is abyssmal and we must make an appointment to get together and play Simpsons Road Rage and Harry Potter cards like we did in the old days. (Yes, I truly had a wild and crazy youth.)
Soooo, long story short, I am going to make sure that all of my promises to do this and go there and do that with this person and that person are not empty promises and that we actually follow through. Good Lord, it's not like we live in different countries; we're only a few subway stops away.
Becca T and I started the night off by drinking some whiskey with J's roommate. Then, Becca wanted to move on to wine. I hesitated, not being very sure about the rule about having whiskey before wine. But then I made up a rhyme: "whiskey before wine and you'll be fine." So, if I can figure out a rhyme about mixing alcohol, then I'm allowed to do it. And I'm fine. Really I am.
Tomorrow I have about a billion errands to run and then I'm taking a train to Stratford. I'm thinking I'm not going to lug my laptop home, so posting will be non-existant to minimal unless I make a trip to the library. Which could happen depending on how many social appointments I make while I'm home. So I'll probably catch you all later, when we're on the unhappy side of March Break when it's almost over. Have a great week.
2 comments:
hey there... i used to put off doing homework on sunday nights while in college, so i could catch malcolm. i haven't caught an episode in a long time.
hope you have a good and restful trip back home.
great day outside for sure!
used to love Simpsons Road Rage, oh man.
good luck with getting the funds together for Wales, and enjoy the trip home!
Post a Comment