Sunday, March 26, 2006

We'll all fight like cowboys and pray like nuns.

Sigh. Another weekend done and over with and I'm experiencing the typical Sunday night gloom. At least there are new Simpsons and Desperate Housewive episodes on tonight to ease my pain.

Well, I had a pretty uneventful weekend. I was sooooooooo tired on Friday night that I just stuck around at home and went to bed early. Exciting.

On Saturday I spent sometime shopping. I am incapable of entertaining myself without spending money, I tell you. I finally brought in the paintings that I bought in Australia and Cuba to get framed. It's going to cost me a bit, but thankfully I saved some birthday cash for that purpose. I also decided to buy myself a decent pair headphones for my iPod after receiving an "evils of earbuds" lecture from my roommate earlier in the week (she'd seen a report on tv).

Saturday night was supposed to be my Hawklsey Workman concert, but it was cancelled becuase he's sick. It's postponed 'til June 10th which is a lifetime away. Becca T and I rented a movie instead. We watched "A Date With Drew" which is a documentary about a guy who wins $1100 on a gameshow and decides to spend it trying to get a date with Drew Barrymore, who he's had a crush on all his life, while making a movie about it. He's only got 30 days to do it because he can't afford the camera he bought at Circuit City, so he's taking advantage of their 30 day return policy. It was a pretty cute documentary. Perfectly fluffy and funny.

Of course, after watching it you have to discuss which celebrity you'd pursue if you were in the filmmaker's shoes. For Becca T, Chris Murphy of the band Sloan would be the obvious choice since she used to have the HUGEST crush on him (she spent a whole summer sketching his portrait -- I hope she doesn't kick my ass for divulging this on my blog... meh, she doesn't check it very often so I think I'm safe... oh, but the sketch is amazing). However, we both agreed that it should be a date with someone of Drew's status. Maybe me on a date with Johnny Depp would make a good movie. I can't really think of anyone else... Most of my celebrity crushes are on musicians who are too obscure to make a documentary that would appeal to a wide audience. Who would you pick?

Happy Monday!

ps My post title is a line from "Don't Look in Their Eyes" which is a Stabilo song that is the free tune of the week from iTunes. I'm really digging it. Stabilo remind me so much of a 90s band, but I just can't put my finger on which band...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend V swears I've gotten deaf b/c of my iPod earbuds. I think I just need things repeated so that we're all clear.

wes said...

I hate earbud headphones, they never stay in my ears. I needed to buy some over-the-ear headphones just so I didn't have to be adjusting them all of the time.

EveyQ said...

Luke Wilson or Kevin Smith... weirdly odd but amazingly cute. I would have agreed with the Depp pick but having just watching him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I just couldn't.

Scott said...

What di dyou think of the live action Simpsons opening?

For me it would be getting a date with Jessica Alba I think.

Scott

Jocelyn said...

"i am incapable of entertaining myself without spending money." i need to figure out why that happens to me too.

and can you PLEASE teach me how iTunes works? i have no idea and i don't think i have enough brain power left in me to think too hard about it at this point. is this a program you have to download and they you get songs somehow? through the program or site?

s said...

I am not sure who I would chose to " stalk", I have always loved Brad Pitt, so maybe him.

m@ said...

That live action Simpsons opening had gone viral on youtube the week earlier, I like it.
I still have my ipod earbuds, but have considered switching to some of the bigger ones. I only haven't because I like being able to hear ambient noise from around my earbuds. I'd like to know that I'd hear the horn of a car bearing down on me.

Raina* said...

rest assured, your weekend was more exciting than mine.

no clue who i'd persue - but it would be a cool female. i'm sooo unable to crush on boy celebs anymore. i'd rather meet a cool chick and hang out.

X said...

Earbuds aren't that bad as long as you don't pump the volume way up. I use them on my iPod and at work....I've always prefered them. Plus, they don't mess up your hair ;)

Lea said...

yeah stabilo is cool. i like their song 'everybody' from a couple years ago.