Monday, May 22, 2006

All right, I can say what you want me to.

Ahh... I think I'm totally refreshed and rejuvinated thanks to the fabulous long weekend that I had. I give it a day, and I'll be back to my usual stressed and hurried self.

Here's a run down of the weekend's activities:

Friday - Caught Go-Train to Burlington where my friend/old roommate Jeanine picked us up. We drove to her place, dropped off her stuff and headed to Niagara Falls to stand in the cold rain and watch fireworks over the falls. Then we headed to the new casino where I lost a little bit of money and Becca T won a little bit of money.

Saturday - Slept in a little, brunched and then headed again to Niagara Falls. Walked around for a bit and decided our corny Niagara Falls activity would be to go on the Maid of the Mist which neither Becca T nor I had been on since our childhoods. It was a little cold, very wet, but a fun time. Thank goodness for disposable ponchos.

We took a break and did a little bit of browsing in stores. Becca T used her casino winnings to buy us each a very large, very very tasty chocolate covered strawberry at the Hershey's store. Then we hit the factory outlet mall (the only store that actually had good prices was The Body Shop) and went out for supper. We returned to Jeanine's place, met up with her friend, went out for ice cream and then watched a super cheesy movie (The Perfect Man with Hillary Duff and Heather Locklear).

Sunday - Slept in again and brunched again. Drove around the country and saw tonnes of vineyards, orchards and Brock's monument. Went to Port Dalhousie where they have a really old caroursel that you can ride for a nickel. Jeanine was nice enough to treat us each to a ride. It was fun. We wanted to walk along the beach there but it was far too cold and windy.

We then drove to Niagara-on-the-Lake (Stratford's main competition in the area of tourist town with shopping a festival... I always feel like a traitor going there) and looked around the stores.

Caught the train back to TO. Becca T came over here to watch the season finale of Desperate Housewives. Sunday shows are so much better when you can drink while watching them not having to worry about work on Monday.

Today - Main activity was going to see The Da Vinci Code. The critics are right. It's rather boring. Stick with the book.

Now, I'm trying to post pictures of my weekend but blogger's being muchos unco-operative. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

s said...

something about the idea of a disposable poncho amuses me. Too bad the weather didn't coperate with your mini vacation. I don't think I have ever been to Niagra on the lake to have the traitor feeling, but Bayfield comes close for me. I really love that town in the summer.

m@ said...

aww I'm jealous. So many people I know went away for the long weekend... I wish I would have.
yay for casino winnings, boo for blogger's uncooperativeness!

Scott said...

Rough weather this weekend eh? I was not impressed. Glad that you had a good time!

Scott

Anonymous said...

My students think Hillary is da bomb. They adore her.

I agree with the Da Vinci Code, the movie. all in all, it was okay. the book way more interesting plot.

JO said...

sounds like you had an excellent mini vacation. Probably better then if you would have ended up in london!
P.S. I need help bringing up the comments you guys made on my blog. I think i've got the settings so that new comments will post but i still can't see the old ones...HELP!
plus I finally took your advice, read my new post.

Lea said...

sounds like such a fun weekend! next weekend the weather should be much better for us. today was not too bad, i suppose. we had a 'play day' at school so i was outside for about half the day.