While, the surrealness continues. Today was her wedding shower.
This meant I took the good old train home to Stratford for the event.
A bit of history: I was part of a group of nine girls in high school and we still keep in touch. It's now been almost 10 years since we've graduated. Anyway, we've spent the last couple of weeks trying to organize stuff together to make a scrapbook for Mel who is the girl getting married in June.
Four of us showed up at my friend Teresa's place on Saturday night and we had a super scrapping time. Oh, how my scrapper blog friends would be proud of me, I thought. I'd never really done the scrapbook thing before. Anyhow, we got a book of 19 pages called "Memories of Mel" finished in 4 hours. And, dare I say, it rocked. It was hard to give it up today.
However, I did take a picture of each page (mostly for Sandee, since she was stuck in North Bay). I'll show you all my favourite page that I did. It tells the story of this really really bad party Mel once dragged us too. We didn't have any pictures, but the story is hilarious.

So the scrapping was really fun. I think I may have to take up this hobby for the summer.
Today was the shower. And boy, it was soooooooooo weird to be back at my friend's parents' house. I practically lived there in high school. I haven't been there in probably 8 years. I also saw her little sister, who was probably 10-ish the last time I saw her and is now 18. She still greeted me in the same way: "Do you remember when you babysat us and you showed us that Frog Prince video from the 70s? That was so fun!"
Mel's stepmom was a riot too. I'd forgotten about how she used to call us "fridge raiders" (in all honesty, we raided the liquor cabinet way more than the fridge) and the little ratbags and all sorts of other terms of endearment.
Eight of the nine of us showed up. It was so nice being together again and catching up and laughing about old memories. The nicest thing was when one of Mel's stepmom's friends turned around to us and said "I just love watching you girls. You give me such a good feeling."
I get such a good feeling from just being with my old pals.
Anyhow, enough with the sap. Mel's stepmom makes a mighty strong drink and I got well, a little tipsy. After the shower, I had to drop by my parents' to grab my stuff. Yeesh, I haven't come home drunk from Mel's in a long time like that. I faked sober for old time's sake.
Lucky for me, I had a car ride back to Kitchener with my pal Jo and then a bus ride back to Toronto.
Hope you all have super weeks!
4 comments:
It is always a great time to hook up with old friends. I am always amazed how I can not see people in like a year and it is like not a day has passed. It is great.
Scott
Sounds like a fun time.
I really missed not being there.
Why must I always live so far away?? I really liked the scrapbook pages you sent me.....more tears - but happy ones. We had such fun in highschool. Cannot believe it has been almost 10 years since we graduated....where has the time gone?
ooh you just gave me a good idea that i should make a wedding mini-scrapbook for my sister. i don't know why i didn't think of that before! that'll be a good summer project for me.
Post a Comment