If you have not looked at my previous post, go look at it, and then read the next paragraph...
Alright some of you are much too good. I stared at that damned triangle for 10 minutes for me to see that it read "Paris in the the spring" and not just "Paris in the spring". Most people look at things as a whole, you know - the Gestalt prinicple, and don't notice the extra "the". If you did notice the extra "the" it means you pay attention to detail and should consider a career in proofreading.
Honesltly though, I recommend writing that little puzzle on a piece of paper and showing it to people and then yelling "wrong!" whey they read it as "Paris in the spring". Then watch them puzzle away at it for awhile. It's really good fun and perhaps works better in real life as opposed to in blogland.
Okay, so that was the first reason for today's double post.
Second reason = I think I'm experienceing musical ennui. HELP!!!!! I'm feeling a bit bored with the 2100 or so songs on my iPod. Normally when this happens, I can think some new stuff to aquire but I'm fresh out of ideas. I can't even think of anything new that I'm remotely interested in right now. Soooooooooo, any suggestions? Please, please, please help!!! I'm in danger of overplaying a lot of my current faves!
It doesn't help that there are not a whole lot of new CDs that I'm looking forward to. My dear Danny Michel is coming out with a new disc in June (and playing a CD release party in TO! Yay!) but, as you know, June is a looooooooooong time away, especially for a girl in the education business. And other than that, everyone I love seems to be on some sort of hiatus.
Help me end my musical ennui!
8 comments:
I've done proofreading/copy editing....and wanted to poke my eye out. Really, it is aweful. Or, perhaps it was just the place I worked for and the subject matter the magazines covered.
Anyways....I am musically stagnent too.....but I'm rediscovering all the old favourites that I love so I;m ok with that for now! :)
Corb Lund has a new CD out.
If in doubt, BSB. hahaha. What are your iPod skeletons?
If you can find it, I recommend checking out The Fiery Furnaces new album, Bitter Tea. And of course, those Snow Patrol and Panic! albums I mentioned on my blog, if you don't have them already.
Don't hesitate to pick up Josh Ritter! He rocks in a folky kind of way.
Scott
yeah Snow Patrol is really good. or maybe try out Augustana.
i should also mention the band Mobile.
also you can check out a good friend of mine on itunes, (his name is Chris Graham,)or go to www.chrisgrahammusic.com.
Such a neat puzzle! I love The Postal Service :) (the band)
Awww puzzles... They are a must on a slow day here in library land. Good luck on the musical search. I did mine last week and a friend lent me Emerald Rose. Felt like I was driving my bug through an Irish pub : ) minus the Guiness : (
Post a Comment