Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Then what could I say that would sound right?

Two days down, 3 to go before the bliss of a long weekend. My plans: Becca T and I are going to visit our old roommate in the Niagara area for a couple days. Perhaps hang out in Niagara Falls, do some shopping, see a movie, whatevs. Should be fun.

Update on last week's fire: it was caused by someone on a higher floor dropping a lit cigarette off of their balcony. Idiots. The poor people whose apartment it was - I hope it's less damaged than it looks.

Today's my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!

Oh - my flight and everything for my trip to England/Wales/Ireland are all booked and deposits are down. I'm so excited. I leave on July 28th and will be back on August 7th. I can't wait.

Lovin' my 60s cover CD by Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs.

I'm addicted to the "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series. I'm currently reading the fourth book. It makes me want to go to Botswana or someplace else in Africa. Perhaps that can be my 2008 summer vacation. (2007 will be British Columbia for my roomie's wedding.)

Hmmm, I think that's all the randomness that I have for today. Gotta go clean the kitchen. Blah. I wish the dishes were enchanted to wash themselves like in Harry Potter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that series...an easy read but entertaining nonetheless.

I'm still envious of your trip to the UK.

Cheerio.

m@ said...

I'll cover off a few things here:

-I'm jealous of your UK trip too.

-I constantly wonder when or why I became a grown-up

-kids' music sucks these days!

s said...

I have that very same wish for dishes. My lifes desire is to have a dishwasher. Can't wait until we can actually catch up, and I can get all the details of your trip.

Lea said...

i've read that whole series too, it's so entertaining. i wonder when mma ramotswe will get married!