On Monday at about 4:00 pm, my trusty laptop decided that it had had enough of this world. The last thing I typed on it was a message to Sandee - "sorry, having computer problems".
After what seemed like 2 hours on the phone with computer support people, it seems like the problem is with the motherboard, and doesn't seem to be worth fixing. At least the hard drive should be fine, and I shouldn't lose anything that I've neglected to backup. Sigh.
Soooo... looks like someone will be going laptop shopping. I guess it's fun, but I don't really feel like worrying about that right now. I think I'm going to wait until I'm back from Britain to deal with my computer difficulties.
Tonight I'm going to take the train to Stratford for a mini vacation there. I haven't been home yet this summer because I keep procrastinating... Blogging will be sporadic and done entirely from the quaintness of the local library.
Ciao.
8 comments:
hahah... stratford public library!!!
I did wonder what happened to you - and then figured it would sort it self out. That library brings back fond memories of T and me in there renting stuff under your name - neither of us paid our fines....I am not sure if we ever told you.
may i suggest the best notebook computer in the world. i'm slightly biased but my new macbook pro is the cat's ass.
do you want to join my cat's ass club? i think you do.
I think that you should join the world of Mac Users, I am literally waiting for mine to die so I can make the switch.
Have a great trip home and a great trip to Blighty.
Scott
Scott: you should just kill it. euthanazing old computers is merciful. I for instance decided to see what was under my keyboard.
Curiousity killed the computer but got me a new one.
Huzzah for the public library... that is a complete unbias opinion : P
are you saying boo or boo-urns? hehehaha. we'll let the non-simpsons fans scratch their heads on that one.
That sucks about the computer but I must say a HUGE LOL at the "boo-urns" because I say that too. The Simpsons, is there anything they can't do? :)
Post a Comment