I'm pretty sure that I know what my hell will look like. There will be an infinite array of computers and I will be given the task to determine which one to buy. Argh. I hate computer shopping so much. It's a horrible, horrible thing for an indecisive person like me to have to cope with.
Other than being haunted by the ghost of my dead laptop (I just had a fleeting temptation to say screw getting a new one and go demand my old old old old clunky desktop back from my aunt), life's grand. I had a good mini-vacay-from-summer-vacay-in-Toronto by crashing at my 'rents place in Stratford for a few days. I spent some time catching up with old friends and chilling and making a to-do list to complete before I head off on my trip.
As my dad was dropping me off at the train station this morning, he asked me when I was leaving for the old country. This made me laugh for a couple of reasons: a) it brings back fond memories of when my grandfather referred to Wales as the old country; and b) it made me think of the episode of the Simpsons where Grampa is reminiscing about the old country, but he forgets which one. I've decided to henceforth refer to my trip as my trip to the old country. (Did I mention my plane leaves THIS Friday night?)
I'm reading a hilarious book about the old country (albeit not my old country) - Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks (Hawks - not Tony Hawk the skateboarder). I've had it kicking around for years, and never actually read it. I decided that since I am going to be in Ireland in about a week, perhaps now would be the time to read it. It's feckin' funny. The author was bet 100 quid that he couldn't hitchhike the circumference of Ireland in one month with a fridge. I just finished the part where the fridge goes surfing. I totally recommened this book.
Tomorrow is lunch with my pal Flora who is making the trip to the old country with me. We will plan what we will do with our free time in London. All I know is she wants to shop. I am fine with this.
I think that after lunch, I may just bite the bullet and go buy the computer that I almost bought today before my indecisive nature took over and brought me home to do more research. The only way to end this madness is to buy a computer. Or maybe I'll convince myself to hold off until after I'm back from the old country. I'll keep you updated on my adventures from computer hell. (Thank God this happened during the summer, I suppose.)
5 comments:
Good luck with the computer shopping... all the best.
Scott
lol, I was refering to the Czech Republic as the old country earlier, not because I'm from there, but because its the closest I have ever been to the Ukraine, so I figured I might as well call it that.
I am also very indecisive, but when it comes to computers, I know exactly what I want, so it wouldn't bother me. Now, if I was buying a digital camera, that's a different story, because I would have no idea what to get. Thank goodness I was given one as a gift so I could spare myself the torture of shopping for one. :)
so many little decisions with a laptop, but really, within the same price brackets you can't go horribly wrong with any one in particular, as long as its not a Dell (dude?). Good luck!
Oh go buy it! lol
I'm jealous for your trip back to the old country, have a good hell of a time!
ahhh - the old country - - makes me laugh. I hope your trip is amazing - I am jelous!!
I hate purchasing big things - - i have a hard time parting with the money, and then wonder if there was something better. Good luck with the comp issues
Post a Comment