Saturday, July 08, 2006

Help Matthew Stay

I read a story this morning on the Toronto Star that really affected me. In a nutshell, there is a Vietenmese orphan living in Toronto who has struggled to get an education and now he facing deportation. It really saddened me, and also made me think that with Canada Day having just passed, we should be honoured to have a person like this in Canada, as opposed to deporting him.

If you feel similarly, follow the directions here to send an email to the Minister of Immigration.

2 comments:

wes said...

I think I heard about a similar story. I heard about a family living in Toronto that was deported on Canada Day. How cruel is that. I always thought this was a country of tolerance and acceptence of diversity. But lately I have been finding out that Canada is not that open to outsiders, and its actually easier to become an American than a Canadian. So much for multiculturism. :)

Scott said...

That is a sad messed up story.

Scott