Monday, July 10, 2006

A Change Will Do You Good.

After 1 year, 3 months, 18 days and 269 posts, I decided that it was time to give my blog a new look. Well, Voila! I was attracted by this pretty pink template for two reasons: 1) its name is "Rawk"; and 2) its colour scheme matches my iPod case.

Now, as for the lame title of my blog, I'm going to stick with that. I only typed that in when I started my blog since I couldn't think of a title and figured that I'd come up with one sooner or later. Never happened. Now I'm attached to the wordy awkwardness of the title.

I think I'm happy with this new look. There are a few tweaks that I think I will do (I don't like the order of stuff on the sidebar) but I've done enough playing for today.

Okay, enough of the computer geekery. Let's rehash the weekend:
  • My pal Wendy visited and we had a good time. Went out for dinner, went the bead store, the cheap bookstore and saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2. My assessment of the movie is 1.5 stars for the movie + 0.5 stars for the cliffhanger ending + 1 star for Johnny Depp = 3 stars out of 5.
  • Watched the World Cup at my friends' place. This was the first time I've ever watched a (professional) soccer game in its entirety. I was amazed and amused by the whole dramatization of injuries in soccer (diving or whatever it's called). My friend told me she saw footage of a team (Portugal) practising looking really hurt... Anyway, the whole headbutting incident made the game rather interesting and I'm happy that Italy won since I was cheering for them.
  • Last night, at 1:45 am, I realized I had not yet watered my roommate's flowers as I had said I would. I did not remember that they had forecasted thunderstorms for today. Hauled myself out of bed and made several trips onto the balcony to water the flowers. Got the bottoms of my pjs muddy in the process. You bet I was thrilled to see the rain this morning. Decided to spend another couple of hours in bed because of this weather that seemed to be mocking me.

Anyhow, now that the rain has stopped and the sun is peaking out, I think I will go for walk. I'm pretty sure that this walk will end at a Starbucks, so I'll bring a book with me just in case. I'm almost done Suite Francaise, and I'm anxious to start a new book from my summer reading pile.

10 comments:

-jason- said...

the style headings, font size, etc of the blog... good choice... it's very ummmm... pink.

i'm glad you're stickin with the same title. it's a good one.

do you always break down stars for movies like that? with random allocations? it cracks me up =].

wes said...

lol, its always funny when someone changes the template, because there is always that initial shock where you are like "wtf", but than everything is fine, good times. :)

Anyways, its very, umm, pink. :) Its cool, good choice. :)

Titles for blogs are never easy to come up with. I went through about 4 or 5 different ones in the first couple weeks, and than just decided to call it "untitled", which is what it stayed for the first 6 months or so. And than I needed to change it again so someone couldn't find it, and I just picked the first thing that popped into my head that was available. Not a whole lot of thought put into it. :)

m@ said...

haha I was all confused too at first, I thought my browser wasn't rendering the page right or something.
But I love it! Websites these days are all about 'white space', but I'm feeling your black space. Nicely done.

Raina* said...

Cool cool cool..... I dig the pink.

I'm all caught up. I would have played your 2 truths and 1 lie game, but I read the solutions first.

Scott said...

Love the new look, very nice. Crazy storms here today eh?

Scott

The Grunt said...

I am all about this new look here, Christielli. You've been blogging longer than me, so congrats on that. I'm really impressed.

Erueti Brown said...

Bang up job with your blog overhaul Christielli! Someone of no consequence once told me that a change is as good as a holiday and that pink is the new brown.

EveyQ said...

You did such a better job than me the one time I tried to update... very cooly look : )

X said...

Pink is very hawt and sexy. Good choice. I hate my blogs title...but never changed it because I never really thought about it again. Plus, I like the word "random" :)

Anonymous said...

wow. it's pink. and lovely. great layout. is this one of the newer temps?