Good news! My dad was released from the hospital today!
Now, just my mom has to get better. She admitted herself to the hospital last week because she's been having complications due to her MS. I didn't write about it because I was just tired of thinking and talking and writing about sickness related issues. It's actually good that she's there and getting care. Hopefully she will be home soon.
Halloween was non-eventful. Becca T came over and we watched a movie (Friends with Money - both of us enjoyed it) and had some beverages of the alcoholic type and some candy and popcorn.
Today I did what any good North American robot consumer would do the day after Halloween: I started my Christmas shopping.
In my defense, it was because I saw the perfect gift for the hardest person on my list. What a relief to not have that to worry about.
Okay, here's a call for help from all of you fellow Office fans out there. My roommate, who I am 99% sure does not read my blog, is having a birthday on November 18th and I'm getting her an Office-themed bday gift. It started with a kickass Office 2007 calendar that I found in Zellers in Stratford. Here are the other things I'm thinking of throwing in:
- jello
- M & Ms (Kevin's favourite candy)
- Cups of Noodles (Kevin's favourite lunch)
- a green teapot (if I can find it)
- a jar of beets?
So.... any other suggestions of Office related stuff that I can throw in??
6 comments:
Glad to hear your dad is home. Hope your mom return home soon enough.
As for your call for help......I'm still a newbie to The Office. Two episodes in and a kazillion Pam & Jim moments on Youtube....I only 'get' the references to the jello and teapot.
Umm, what about some gaydar!! lol
And mixed berry yogurt.
yay for your dad! glad your mom is getting care, hopefully she'll be better soon.
i have only watched a handful of episodes of the office, so i'm of no help with that. i do remember there was a episode where michael wants to get a free pretzel with various toppings.
awesome to hear that your dad is out of the hospital! hope your mother follows quickly. as for the christmas shopping comment, i suppose we can make an excuse just this once.
wish i could help with the Office ideas, but i don't have a tv so i don't get to watch it. i know, i know ... i'm totally missing out. sounds like tons of fun. enjoy!
:)
AM
totally off topic cause I know nothing of this 'Office'....what do you do with a dead chemist?
Barium.
Yay for your dad! :)
As for the Office, I am reminded of the Christmas episode, so some oven mitts, a poster of babies playing musical instruments, and other I can't remember right now, oh, and a video ipod. :p As for other stuff, how about a George Foreman grill, or a little toy Trams Am for Dwight's car, ummmm, that's all I remember right now, I will let you know if I think of more. :)
Sounds like a great idea. :)
Post a Comment