Monday, November 27, 2006

Pretty ones are hanging on the wings...

These weekends go too fast I tell you.

Friday - PD (professional development for AliMalie... this means there are no kids for a day) day was relaxing.

Caught train home from Union Station. Here's a picture of the busyness of Union Station for you:


Arrived in Ratford in good time. Met up with some friends. Attempted to go out for coffee. Turns out, all decent coffee places in Ratford close at 8 pm. Ended up wandering into a higher end bar for drinks. We ended up feeling a bit underdressed. Also, I accidentally ordered a $9 Irish coffee. Moral of story - never order something that isn't on the menu where you can safely see the price.

Saturday - Visited my mom in the hospital. Here is a picture of where I park. I use the lot near a nature area that we used to call the Old Grave. It has a different name now.

I used to ride my bike here as a kid with friends, and we'd plan tree forts and play in the river and the like. Anyhow, I always think I should go for a walk around the place since I'm always using its parking lot, but I'm always wearing the wrong shoes (Mary Jane Skechers that would result in me having muddy feet.)

I then drove to Waterloo to visit my friend Jo and have dinner. Good times.

Sunday - Ran errands, spent time with my dad. Took picture of train tracks at the end of the day so that I could continue my blog project. I figured that train tracks are quite representative of my life these past few months because I've spent a lot of time on trains.


Thankfully, the train was only 10 minutes late and I'm home safe and sound relatively on time.

ps My dear friend Becksley has started a blog. She is my friend from high school who got me into Hawksley Workman. Bless her soul and read her blog!

8 comments:

AlieMalie said...

PD makes so much sense now; here we just call them Teacher Inservices.

I love that photo of Union Station, looks fantastic. I really like this daily photo post you started, very interesting and entertaining. Glad you had a good weekend.

:)

Scott said...

Good pics.

Scott

wes said...

I don't remember what we called them, but it was something different then both of you guys. All I knew is I didn't have to go to school. I am noticing a lack of snow in your pics, its just not fair I tell you. I think the picture idea should be a permanent addition to your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, thanks for your funny post.. ReeeeeBecksley! That never even crossed my mind, but now I'm going to be thinking about it everytime I login. Argle Bargle. Great pictures by the way!!!!

Aaron said...

hrmm all those times i've walked past Union Station but never gone in, nice shot.

The Grunt said...

That train station is remarkable and I love hearing those types of childhood memories about playing near streams, lakes, in wooded areas, making forts.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nancy Kang . payday loans

Anonymous said...

payday loans toronto This website is one of the best I enjoyed it very much
AAA Toronto Payday Loans 1172 Bay St #101, Toronto, ON M5S 2B4 (416) 477-2817