Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The city or the country we just want to make some noise.

It's nice to be getting ever closer to the end of the week. This week has been crazy-busy at work, and so will be next week, but I think once those weeks are finished, things will calm down a bit. That's what I say now, but I'm sure when the first week of May does roll around, I'll be singing a different story.

Today I picked up the new album "Ashtray Rock" by the Joel Plaskett Emergency. I've listened to it all the way through, and it's definitely one of those albums that you can listen to all of the way through and love the whole thing. It's a concept album that revolves around a love triangle that breaks up a young band, and it totally works. It's got a lot of super-fun, fist-pumping songs that make me feel long for summer. Plus, I think it will be great to hear live, which I'll be doing on May 26th; I just bought my tickets today. Woo! All is well in life, as long as I have a concert to look forward to.

Speaking of summer, I think we're finally getting some spring weather. Thank goodness.

I'm especially glad that it is warming up, because I have my first practice for the rowing team that I signed up for while, ummm, a little under the influence. I've never done any sort of rowing in my life, but it should be fun. I might be sore on Saturday (or should I say I will most definitely be sore), but whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger, right?? This weekend, I had to buy some non-cotton type pants to wear, and I ended up getting a matching tank top and jacket, so at least I'll be fashionable, right? The only sad thing is that my new clothes will get Lake Ontario water on them, ew.

Well, I think that's it. Hope that Friday gets here fast. :)

5 comments:

AlieMalie said...

Viva Hump Day as it means Friday's closer than Monday. Woohoo!

You might be sore from the rowing, but you'll be rocking some rock hard arms by the end of the season. No one'll want to mess with those pair of guns. ;)

I'm a little off tonight, sorry if my humour is too. haha.

wes said...

I had a friend that did rowing in highschool and it looked like fun, but I can't swim to save my life, so I never got into it. Speaking of buying clothes for exercise, I need some jogging clothes.

Enjoy the CD. :)

Aaron said...

ahhh glorious spring weather! good that it came in time for the rowing. maybe cold spring Lake Ontario water isn't as bad as warm summer Lake Ontario water!

The Grunt said...

Ugh, I've had to deal with snow storms where I live.

Claire said...

It's here! It's Friday!

Cxx