Or, how not to start a Monday.
After hitting the snooze button thrice, I drag myself out of bed and head to the bathroom to hop in the shower. As I'm just about to step in the shower, I hear a big crash. "Not my laptop!" is the first thing that comes to mind and then I realize it sounded like the noise came from the kitchen, and my beloved computer is probably safe.
I throw my pjs back on and head into the kitchen which now looks like a grisly crime scene. The shelf above the chopping block in the kitchen had decided it was no longer happy be securely adhered to the wall and gave way. On said shelf was, among other things, a jar of (expensive) fire-roasted pepper tomato sauce that I'd given my roommate for Christmas. It had hit the floor, and its contents were now on the floor, on the door of the fridge, all over the cupboards, and yes, even on the table, chairs and wall in the dining room. My roomate's cookbooks were scattered amongst the tomato-y mess, along with the contents of a jar of grape jelly that a friend had made for me. Sadly, I will never eat said jelly. (Note: jelly doesn't splatter spectacularly like tomato sauce. So, if at one point in your life, you get really really angry at a person and decide to hurl a jar of condiment inside of their kitchen, go for the tomato sauce, not the jelly.)
I look at the mess, and decide that I'd deal with it after my shower. After the shower, I surveyed the mess, which I really really really just wanted to leave for later and realized that it would be 100 times worse to clean once it had dried, and decided to go wake up my roommate. I knock on her door explaining that there was an unfortunate situation in the kitchen. She had totally slept through the loud crash.
Anyhow, it was the most quality time I'd ever spent with my roommate at that hour of the morning.
I am never, ever, putting a jar of foodstuff or anything breakable on a wall-mounted shelf again. In fact, I may just steer away from this type of shelf if at all possible. A grisly scene like that scars you for life.
4 comments:
that totally bites. eek.
at least tomorrow is tuesday, eh?
What a drag, especially at that time in the morning. :)
On a slightly related topic, the roommate God's smiled down on me when I got this place. My roommate rocks and I have loved living here so far. :)
Oh my. That sounds horrific!
Cxx
Well, you just described something similar to my last two mornings.
I hope you feel better now:)
Post a Comment