I just noticed that this is my 400th post. I'm always amazed at how long I've kept this thing up.
Anyhow, woo-hoo for weekends. Especially weekends that feel just a tad longer. Yesterday was a PD day, and it was one that was held away from school - actually, at a beautiful botannical garden.
Yesterday was dragonboat practice #2. It was quite a bit colder out than the first time we practiced. However, I felt that it was a much better practice because the coach made us do more drills this time. We had a different coach, a 22 year old guy who was even't a coach, and he was much better than last week's "I've been coaching for 10 years" guy. I actually felt like I'd had a good workout by the end of practice and really enjoyed myself this week.
Last night I also did my taxes, which I'd put off for a while. This year I owe money for the first time ever in my life ($29!). Aren't I supposed to pay fewer taxes when there's a Conservative government??? Stupid Stephen Harper... Although, at least my transit passes saved me from paying more. I know, I can't really complain about $29, but it's the first time in my life I've had to send them money.
After paddling and doing taxes, I was too tired to do something fun, so I went to bed early. I could have watched a movie with my roommate and her friend but I didn't feel that I even had the capacity to focus on a movie.
Today, once I get out of my pajamas, I plan to do a little bit of shopping, then start doing some cleaning, organizing, and laundry. Oh, and I also plan to take some time to read. I haven't been able to get into a book since March Break. I've started a few, but gotten nowhere. I don't know if that's indicative of the books, or my mental state. Whichever, maybe a latte will help me read. Lattes fix everything.
2 comments:
its my understanding that the whole GST cut that came in as Harper's election promise was made possible by an increase in the income tax rate...go figure!
those dragonboats get moving sometimes, saw a couple races up at Laurel Creek a few years back...my buddies used to travel all over doing that! good to hear you're enjoying it!
I did my taxes like forever ago, and have already received my return. Its amazing how fast you do your taxes when the government owes you a whack of money.
Oh, and I'm on like my 450th post. :p
Post a Comment