When all else is sucking in your life, at least there's always great music out there.
(Note: not all else is sucking in my life right now, but work politics are making me say "grrr".)
Here's a list of musical happenings that are subsiding the inner growl inside of me today.
1) Great Lake Swimmers. As I've mentioned a couple of times (redundancy is a fault of my, I'll admit), I'm seeing them tomorrow. Less than 24 hrs 'til show time!
2) Feist - I came across this video today and realized that I'm super-excited for her new CD (out May 1st).
3) Tori Amos - Oh, will I be one over-stimulated girl on May 1st, when two great CDs are released. I've been getting all of the teaser emails for this new album, and I gotta hand it to Tori for being such a creative person. She's taking over the personae of 5 women for the CD (hence the title American Doll Posse), complete with blogs for each of them. Anyhow, I'd read the lyrics to the first song, "Yo George" online and I fell in love with it just from the lyrics. I got to listen to the song this week, and I love it. Listen to it here!
4) Even though I've not heard anything from it yet, I'm sure the new Joel Plaskett Emergency CD will very awesome. And it's out on Tuesday!!
Hope you all have fantabulous weekends!
3 comments:
That was an awesome video! :)
Enjoy the concert. I will be enjoying the David Usher concert at the same time you will be enjoying the GLS concert. Well not actually at the exact same time, I am 3 hours behind you, but you get the idea.
I did end up inviting my roomie after the experience with VG at the Silversun concert. Although I did technically invite VG to the concert already, but after the Silversun concert, I gave her the choice to back out because she didn't seem into it and she said she would get back to me tonight with her answer. She never got back to me so I invited my roomie at the end of the evening, I gave her all evening to get back to me. Although, she is definitely not the best person for getting back to people, so I am still expecting a call from her tomorrow asking when we are going to the concert. That's going to an awkward phone call, especially since she got me a ticket the Police fanclub show at the Commodore where they are rumored to play.
I think I just wrote a blog entry on your blog, sorry. Maybe I will just direct people here to read this, so I don't have to publish it over there too. :)
christielli, you're at the concert RIGHT NOW as i type this so i hope you're having a totally kick ass time! yea!
and wes, this is totally not going to pass for a post. nope. haha. but i'll still comment.
:)
ya know who i just discovered that i think is good? james morrison. no, not jim morrison. anyway check him out on itunes.
Post a Comment