*Sigh* Here I sit at the unhappy end of a weekend once again. I really should be trying to sleep right now, but falling asleep on a Sunday night is such a hard chore, don't you find? Especially when you're facing another very busy week at work.
I had my first dragonboat practice on Friday night. The weather was fabulous. Honestly, I think being on the lake was the perfect place to be that evening. We spent most of our practice going slow and practicing our technique (which I suspect I suck at), so the hour wasn't as strenuous as I feared it would be. I thought we were doing okay, despite some older woman heckling us from ashore. "Are you rowing or are you paddling?" she yelled. -10 karma points for her, I say. At least -10.
I raced home, changed out of my fashionable rowing clothes (now wet and smelly with Lake Ontario water), had some dinner, then packed up to catch the late train to St. Ratford. Thank goodness, I was travelling west and not east, as the VIA tracks east of Toronto were blocked due to a Mohawk protest.
On Saturday, I ran a bunch of errands and then headed off for the karaoke party. All I have to say, is that if I've been indulging in spirits, and I'm around people I'm comfortable with, keep microphones the heck away from me. Especially if I have my iPod handy and can bust out 90s classics like Basket Case, Hey Jealousy, and Ironic. I apologize to people in the room who were sober. And those who were not. Although, I'm thinking that I should maybe invest in a karaoke device to have at home, because there's something therapudic about singing into a microphone. Sure beats a hairbrush.
Sunday was a sleepy day spent relaxing with the 'rents and having a coffee with a friend. Gotta love those lazy Sundays.
Have a happy week!
6 comments:
-10 karma points, eh? That is serious! I agree that this weekend went by too darn fast. I played a ton of racquetball and helped somebody move. I am totally bushed. +10 karma points for me!!!
Thank you for not puking on the way home. DOn't bother apologizing to me for being drunk, you are entertaining in that stuper.
Joanna! I was nowhere near puking. Why is it when I am quiet people think I'm sick or something is wrong? Can't a (drunk) girl, have a reflective moment?? ;)
heh, glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend.
and drunk reflective moments are great. keep 'em up.
:)
lol, why is it that Sundays always end up being so lazy? I know they do for me. :)
very cool that you are doing the dragon boat thing. hope that you have fun with it.
Post a Comment