Well, I'll actually start with Thursday. On Thursday night, I went to see the Pan-Canadian Folk Ensemble with Christine Fellows (one of my faves), Kim Barlow, and Old Man Luedecke at the Music Gallery. It was such an amazing show. The Music Gallery is in an old church that's hidden away downtown, and is a great venue. All of the musicians involved in the show were outstanding, and I hadn't heard of the latter two, but they had some great songs that I'll have to definitely add to my library.
On Friday, I came home from work feeling like death. I had a really bad headache and passed out on my bed as soon as I walked in the door. I slept and woke up long enough to change into my pjs, have a hot chocolate, change my facebook status, brush my teeth and go back to be.
On Saturday, I started my new yoga class. It was really good, and I'm still sore from it. I like being sore from exercise, because I figure if you feel it, it must have done something. And, I spent the rest of Saturday running errands because...
Today... I brought this lovely creature home!!!


Her name is Rilo Kitty (after Rilo Kiley... kind of corny, but I like it). I got her at the Humane Society. They found her as a stray about 1 month ago somewhere out in the West End. They estimate her to be between 3-5 years old. (So I'm going to say she's 4.) On her cage it said she was a little nervous, which actually drew me to her since I figure my home is a good choice for a slightly nervous cat since it's pretty quiet. However, when they opened her cage you could see that she was very affectionate and not nervous at all. That's when I decided I loved her. And when my friends Mathew and Becca T were also taken with her, especially since she has such pretty green eyes (see above photos).
She's had a great time in her new home. She's been very brave exploring everything and not just hiding under the couch like they told me she might. She hid under the couch once when I had to tell her no when she tried to climb my bookshelf. I think that's 'cuz she's like me and doesn't like getting into trouble. Anyway, she came out once people stopped paying attention to her and was happy again.
She is a very personable cat. My friends hung around for dinner and stuff, and she was very happy with lots of people around. In fact, I think she's sad that they're not permanent residents.
She's also very very tiny. She's napping on the couch while I blog. She's had such an eventful day since she got a needle, got microchipped, had a confusing car ride home in a box, and then got to explore a new home and got lots of attention. Unfortunately for her, she's got a bit of a cold and had to take some nasty-tasting medicine, but she didn't hold it against me.
All in all, I'm so glad that I *finally* made the decision to get a cat. I loved my cats so much when I was a kid, and it's good to have a feline buddy again. Although, according to Homer Simpson, feline means elephant and I'm not sure why I just brought that up, but I did. Sweet Jebus, I think it's time for bed.
4 comments:
Congrats on the new cat. So cute!!
nice! cats are great, so quiet, and NOT barking every morning somewhere between 5 and 7.
Yer cool fer cats and you have a cool cat. Nice Simpsonology as always, C.
that is one cute cat
Post a Comment