Friday, October 24, 2008

I ain't freaking, I ain't faking this.

Early weekend update:

Today was a PD Day. Hence, a few of us decided that we would take advantage of the slower pace of a PD Day by going out on Thursday night. We started out by having dinner and some drinks at the Drake (hipster central), and then made our way around the city to various places. It was good times, and I got home after 2 am, which made me feel young and cool again.

I probably didn't fall asleep until 3 am, and had to wake up pretty early for the PD because we science teachers were sent all the way out to Scarborough to do some safety training. The training was actually at the school that I did my first bout of practice teaching at exactly 6 years ago. So it was weird to be back there, and I couldn't remember my way around the school.

Due to lack of sleep I kept falling asleep during the safety training much to the amusement of my coworkers. I guess my head kept bobbing up and down. I still got perfect on the test I had to write.

Since the training was far far away from our school, there was no time to make it back for the remainder of the PD boredom. Shucks. We went for sushi instead.

I just came back from the movie "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" which I've been wanting to see forever. It was cute. I'd give it three stars out of five.

Tomorrrow: yoga, perhaps a little bit of shopping, birthday party, and a midnight Great Lake Swimmers show.

Sunday: Day of rest which means I will not touch the stack of marking that I dragged home.

p.s. Rilo's is doing very well at earning the title of best. cat. ever. She went to the vet yesterday and got a clean bill of health. She's got to put on some weight though. She only weighs 5.8 lbs. Also, I bought her a really punk-ass plaid collar with a bell on it (guess the bell isn't so punk-ass) but she managed to take it off at some point today. I've been hunting around for it, but no idea of where or when it will show up.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hee at you falling asleep Ms W! Genius! And yay for Rilo Kitty - I told the boy about her last night. He approves of the kickass name!

Can you believe I was over in Canada this time last year? Man, I want to get back over there...

Cxx

The Grunt said...

You should go trick or treating as a witch and Rilo can be your witch's sidekick.

Anonymous said...

I once found Monty's collar wrapped around the springs under the recliner chair. Scrared the crap out of me cause he could have hung himself. The cats don't wear collars now cause they go outside so much.

I'm sure you will pet proof your appartment!

Joanna

Jocelyn said...

LOVE great lake swimmers. also, i never mentioned i love the name rilo for your cat. perfect.