I had gelato two days in a row. There's the most awesome little place down the street from me, and the rule is that I can only go with a friend. So, when you want to hang out with me, usually I suggest gelato. Well, in the summer, if you can even call this summer. Our weather's been sucking this year. It's just a bit chilly, all of the time it seems.
Anyway, so I've decided that I am going to drop Rilo off on my parents' doorstep. All of my cat-sitting options are travelling at the same time I am, or over-stressed with work, or live too far away, or have other animals in their homes, etc. I almost had someone for the full term, but she's going away for the last week. Anyway, I'm lucky enough that my pal Jolene is willing to cat-taxi Rilo to Stratford on Monday for me, and then either my mother is going to force my grumpy father to drive Rilo back, or I'll just rent a car.
Also, I need to come bearing gifts for my parents when I drop off the cat. I think I'll get some coffee from Starbucks for my mom (Stratford does not have Starbucks), and for my dad a book. My dad will read anything. Does anyone have any suggestions of a book to appease my dad while he takes care of my cat?
Apparently I'm heading off to Timmins tomorrow for a work-pal's wedding. However, I've yet to hear any sort of confirmation from my ride organizer, so ummm, yeah?? I think I'm still going.
Well, now I'm off to a going-away dinner for Becca T. She's leaving Toronto at the end of this month, and will be off to France for ten months at the end of August. Lucky kid. I'll miss her lots though. Who am I going to have random post-work frappucinos with?
3 comments:
I would like to know what kind of gelato you like. I am into anything chocolate - screw the fruit!
Mmmm gelato!! You should have waited till August to go to Paris and stayed with your friend.
I have been eating gelato everyday. Literally. Everyday. Two days in a row? That's nothing.
Post a Comment