Monday, July 27, 2009

Territory seems familiar.

1) My roadtrip to Timmins was a complete whirlwind. The drive to North Bay went very quickly, and we were able to meet up with my pal Sandee and her husband for an enjoyable dinner, even though the restaurant had run out of several items on their menu, the service was very slow, and the waitress broke my friend's wine glass into my martini glass. However, I wasn't really digging the Cactus Blossom martini that was in my glass, so I was able to switch back to yummy Strawberry Lychee because of this fortuitous accident.

We woke up really early on Friday to make it into Timmins by noon. This gave us time for lunch, and a bit of downtime before the ceremony. I elected to walk around Gillies Lake, and it was really nice. Unfortunately, I completely forgot my camera on my walk, so I don't really have any good Timmins pictures to show, so unfortch, no picture-filled blog post like I promised. Boo.

The ceremony was lovely, the bride was absolutely beautiful, and I got a little bit choked up, which is actually rare for me. The bride is a good work friend of mine, and might not be back in Toronto next year (still up in the air) and I'll miss her a lot.

The food at the reception was plentiful, and we had a good time, complete with me and my friend R getting kicked off a balcony that we sneaked on to dance. Then, we decided to walk 25 mins in heels home through downtown Timmins to our hotel.

The drive back on Saturday was looooooooong, but we managed to roll back into rainy Toronto by 4 pm. It's sad to say that I had to drive 8 hrs north to Timmins to experience some good weather this summer.

2) This evening my pal Jolene has come to visit me. We went for a long walk, grabbed gelato (amaretto, chocolate hazelnut, and black cherry for me), and then watched "Rachel Getting Married". Tomorrow, Jolene is going to drive Rilo Kitty and I to Stratford so that Rilo can stay with my parents while I'm away. Becca T is going to come with, and we're going to have a nice Stratford day with lunch, downtown shopping, and a walk around the river. I'm excited. Also, we'll be scheduled to arrive in Toronto in time for the season finale of the Bachelorette!

3) On Tuesday, I'm treating myself to a manicure/pedicure, then meeting up with my dear friend Fea and her *new daughter* for lunch, then running errands, then meeting up with my dear friend Eric for drinks or something.

4) And.... Wednesday is laundry/packing/then leaving for Paris day!

So, I'm definitely ending my first month of summer with lots and lots of fun! Love it.

4 comments:

Name said...

I know how it feels to have a very long drive. You earn bravo points.

Have fun in Paris. Be careful at the bottom of Sacre Coeur if you're going there. Practice a stern delivery of "Non, merci!" All in all, have a pastry, a glass of wine, a latte, and enjoy your Parisian holiday.

P.S. I go back to work in 2 weeks. Jealous?

Claire said...

I hear tou on long trips! Either Wednesday or Thursday I've got ten to twelve hours. Erk!

Cxx

Miss Ash said...

Sounds like you are having a great summer thus far!!!

And...tonight is the finale Yay!!!

rawbean said...

Whoah this post is chalk full of good times. I'm so exicted for you and your Paris trip and also excited for your last Bachelorette post. I'm waiting with anticipation.