Sunday, July 19, 2009

It doesn't always have to be beautiful...

Have you ever made plans that you didn't really want to make, but made them anyway, and then had them cancelled and was like "yeah!" when you found out? Well, I went against my best interests and made some plans that I didn't really want to make for this evening, and then they were broken by the other party in a very lame fashion, but I was soooooo happy! I got to meet up with Becca T for coffee, then go for sushi, then spend some time reading my book.

I'm reading "The Book of Negroes" by Lawrence Hill which is absolutely amazing by the way.

Anyway, I had a pretty fun weekend. A lot of it has been consumed by the reading of the above book. On Friday, I went to see the newest Harry Potter movie, and I really enjoyed it. My movie buddies, maybe not so much since they're not big Harry Potter fans, but just went with me out of mild interest/pity/they're good friends.

Becca T was in Ottawa last week when the movie came out. Before she left, she asked me "are you going to go see Harry Potter?" and I thought that she was asking me because she wanted to see it right away, so I said "you should see it in Ottawa with your family" thinking that's what she wanted to do, and not have to wait to see it with me. How ever she was hoping that I'd wait to see it with her, but we totally miscommunicated which means that poor Becca has not seen it yet.

But yeah, it was great for me, who loves all of the books much better than the movies. I enjoyed all of the awkward teenage romance in the movie, and I gasped at the big death scene in the movie, even though I knew what was coming. So, if you like Harry Potter, you must see it, but if you don't, perhaps go see a different movie.

On Saturday, there was a going-away-party for Becca T which was pretty fun. I think we're all getting old because it was at a restaurant in the Entertainment District and we were all like "I forgot how busy it is down here on a Saturday night..." Not that I was ever the biggest clubbing chick back in the day, but I don't even go down there for movies anymore. The party was fun, and at the after-party I had the most delicious banana martini.

Anyway, I've really only got one more full week to knock things off the list of stuff I have to do before my trip. One of which is figure out what to do with the cat. Anyone wanna come visit Rilo while I'm gone? I might have to leave her at my parents' but cats hate change and I think it will be best to leave her home with a frequent visitor.

And... tomorrow is the second last Bachelorette. I can't believe it!

9 comments:

AlieMalie said...

HP6 was awesome.

Also, Fern and Norton are begging Rilo to come stay. I can just see them eying the catnip now.

rawbean said...

I know what you mean about saying yes and then being happy when plans are cancelled. OR if you found out that friends did something with out you are like "what they heck" but then when you really think about it you would have said "no" anyways!

Yea....

rawbean said...

ps. the new The Serene Republic is awesome! You were right!

wigsf said...

I already have five cats to babysit (and a couple dozen fish) very shortly, so... I'm gonna say "maybe next time."

Miss Ash said...

I love love love when boring plans don't work out!

PS can't wait for the men tell all episode!!

Jason Carlin said...

Hmm, seeing Amy Millan and Jenn Grant and The Dears and Laura Barrett for free at Harbourfront this weekend on one hand, jetting off to Paris on the other. Tough call. I know I'd need at least 3 days to work out the playlists for le trip.

Claire said...

Awesome. I love when lame things fall through and I can curl up with a good book too. Gosh, we're glamourous. :D

Cxx

Anonymous said...

Rilo can come and have a sleep over with Monty and Wilson.

Joanna

rawbean said...

It's been bothering me that I forgot the word "Most" in The Most Serene Republic....