Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stratford Roadtrip/Bachelorette Finale Post

Part One: Stratford Roadtrip

So, after a failed attempt at making waffles for my pal Jolene this morning (I dropped them on the floor and was too mad to start over... they were crippled anyway), we left to bring Rilo, and all of her accessories to my parents' in Stratford.

Rilo was not happy about the roadtrip. She meowed a lot in the beginning, but eventually settled down in her carrier, with a supremely pissed-off look on her face. Every time I'd look at her, she'd meow, as if to remind me of how pissed off she was about this endeavor.


However, we arrived at my parents' house, she was very excited to have a whole house to explore. She wandered around cheerfully, and my parents seemed to like her, so I'm sure she'll be fine.

After the successful drop-off, Jolene and I decided to show Becca T around Stratford. We had a nice lunch on a patio, looked around our favourite stores, got ice cream, and walked around the river. Here's a picture of some funny-looking geese. (I call them knobby-nosed geese.)


Here's a black swan.


Anyway, after getting caught in the rain during our walk around the park, we headed back to Kitchener where Becca T and I would catch the bus to Toronto. However, we were delayed by a flat tire situation, and a torrential downpour, so we missed the optimal bus, and had to take a longer route. Which meant it was quite a rush for us to get to a TV in time for tonight's season finale of the Bachelorette...

Part 2: Bachelorette Finale

Since Becca T lives closer to downtown than I do, we went her place for the finale. Hence, I'm going on memory for my last Bachelorette post of the season.... Well, I'm sure I'll have to put my two-cents in about the after-the-rose special tomorrow night. Oh and special credits to rawbean who is watching the finale in Vancouver time while chatting with me on MSN as I write this post. She is totally refreshing my memory about key aspects of the show.

  • Ed meets her family first. Her dad really really likes Ed and also has the biggest Canadian accent ever.

  • At the end of Ed's visit, they all do a crazy hula dance to show fun-loving they all are. Would your family do this for a reality show? Mine surely wouldn't.

  • The family seems to like Kiptyn too, although they don't do the crazy hula dance. Jillian's mom grills him with tough questions like "do you think communication is important in a relationship?" Tough one, eh?

  • Jillian's grandma doesn't seem too impressed with this whole process, don't you think?

  • Ed and Jillian have their final date where the big question is: "do they have chemistry in the bedroom?" I'm sure we're all completely relieved to find out the answer is yes.

  • We get a lot of Kiptyn shots during his last date so we can all enjoy his ten-pack. We noticed that there are far few shots of Ed's hairy chest than Kiptyn's perfect chest.

  • Now it's ring-buying time for both guys. Check out that bling!

  • Jillian is dressed in a pale-pink dress that's very reminiscent of a wedding dress for the final rose ceremony.

  • During the episode Jillian goes on and on about how crazy she is for each of these guys. It's driving me completely crazy.

  • Kiptyn's up first. He tells her that he loves her, only for her to tell him that she's fallen in love for someone else. He was totally going to propose too. Poor guy.

  • Then, it's the big twist. A red van pulls up with a disheveled-Reid inside. Untucked shirt - check. Running shoes - check.

  • He goes on about how an idiot he was during the show, and how much he cares, and blah blah blah. He gets down on one knee. She needs time to think, since this morning she was ready to accept another man's proposal.

  • She needs to think. The wise host helps her make her decision. Thank goodness for him.

  • Anyway, she rejects Reid a second time, and know we all know the outcome. Ed tells her loves her, she loves him, he proposes, she squeals, and then she tells him how much fun they're going to have. Cue to montage of all their moments to a lame country song. They should totally get Wes to play at their wedding.
Anyway, it's been a fun season overall. Nothing better than a cheesy reality show to look forward to. I am looking forward to special tomorrow night which will wrap up lose ends and we'll find out if Mr. Ten Pack will be the next Bachelor.


2 comments:

rawbean said...

This show has ended just in time for your trip! Crazy!

Reid pulling up in that red van was so budget. His voice is too high anyways.

I hope her and Ed are still together and if Bachelor(ette) history proves anything, they surely are (sarcasm).

PS thanks for the shout out

Claire said...

Oooh, I hope Kiptyn does get his own show. He pretty!

Cxx