Friday, September 25, 2009

Great Success!

This summer, my favourite store, anthropologie, finally came to Canada.

I discovered anthropologie when I was SXSW-ing with AlieMalie in Texas, and we took a music break to do some shopping. I bought a pretty red dress.

My second anthropologie trip was when I was in San Fransisco with my friend Fea. She bought a lot of glassware that I ended up having to carry in my suitcase, and I got a coral Tshirt, and some ice cream bowls.

Fea and I reunited with antropolgie when we were in New York this February. I got a purple sweater.

Anyway, when we heard that they were opening a antropologie at the new outdoor mall in Don Mills, we made a pact that we'd go together. This summer, I was too busy travelling and she was too busy having a baby, but we decided we'd go once I survived a couple of weeks back at school.

I got a text this morning asking me if I wanted to go this afternoon and I was like "Yes!" It's also pay day for me, so there's so good timing.

Here's the damage:

1) Long black sweater. It's very flattering. I like black. Fea tried this on and decided it was too much like a sweater she already had so I scooped it up.


2) Neat-o Tshirt. I think it will go very well with the purple sweater I got in New York.

3) Black hoodie that closes at the side. It also has pockets in the side with a blue/green flower print that you can't see in the photo. Fea actually found it for me and knew I'd like it 'cuz I love hoodies.


4) Bird tea-towel. They have so much bird stuff that it would be hard for me to leave without something bird-related.

5) Monogrammed "C" tea-cup. It has my initial and a bird on it. How could I not? I can't wait to drink tea from this.

I think I'll have to stay away from anthropologie for awhile. I learned that they opened another one in Yorkville too. Now it's going to be twice as hard to stay away! I doubt I'll have another binge like this one. But still, it was much safer for me when anthropologie was safely contained to the U.S.

Anyway, the rest of my Friday is going to involve going to yoga, cleaning, laundry and sleep. Excitement. At least it's free though.

ps Rawbean, they have lots of neat owl stuff. Like tea-towels! And plates! I checked to see if they have one in Vancouver yet, but the only non-Toronto location is Edmonton.

pps Claire, they apparently have their first European store on Regent St. in the West End of London.

6 comments:

wigsf said...

grunt grunt ugh grunt ugh

rawbean said...

nice!!

There is an Anthropologie in Seattle. I find it pricey I must say. I like their little brother store "urban outfitters" more!

Love everything you bought though. Good work.

The Grunt said...

wigsf just summoned me.

Claire said...

Eeeee! Love that teatowel and that mug! It's just been payday for me too...may have to head to Regent Street!

Cxx

Miss Ash said...

Yay!! Isn't it great (not for your wallet) when a store you have to go out of your way to visit moves close to home! I was super excited when we got Bath and Body Works as I always had to go over the river to purchase my lipbalm. Cute sweater and cups!!

s said...

I love this binge! I bought a sweater very similar to the first one in grey. A must have for fall.