a) Right now I'm sort of planning a potential road-trip to Buffalo to see Ben Folds play with the local philharmonic orchestra. Ben Folds + orchestra has always been a life-long dream of mine, and if I were to pull this off, it would be great. The only trick is the car-less me figuring out how to get there...
(Note: I'd bet any money if I pull this off, he'll play with the TSO on the next tour.)
b) So, after thinking this weekend, I have decided not to apply for the position of added responsibility at work. Rawbean's question of "will it bring you joy and fulfillment?" helped, 'cuz the honest answer was "it would bring me stress and frustration". Also, I called my pal Fea (work pal on mat leave) and she told me I'd be crazy to do it, which is true.
c) I made chicken pad thai this evening. It was tasty.
d) I went shopping today. I ended up buying two shirts and a necklace, which made me do the whole drag out my entire wardrobe and play around with new outfits and such. Do other people ever do this (only girls, probably)? As I was doing this, I left one of my drawers open, and went to the hall closet to try on some shoes. I return to this in my drawer:

One day she's going to get accidentally shut in there.
Anyway, then I tried on a bunch of stuff and got distracted by the phone then email. So right now I'm sitting on my couch in tomorrow's work clothes, and there's a huge pile of clothes on my bed. But no cat in my drawer. She's sitting beside me.
e) There's also a pile of stuff on my couch 'cuz I started putting together some fun mail packages some friends who don't live here. However, I got distracted and didn't get far. Hopefully I can finish them tomorrow.
Huh. It looks like I could sum up this post by saying that apparently I'm easily distractable and my apartment's a mess, but at least I made a decision this weekend, and some good pad thai.
ps Also, Claire made my day by writing a super-sweet blog post about me. Awwww. Loves it.
6 comments:
sounds like an all around good weekend!
so does Rilo help you pack as well? whenever i pull out the suitcase, my cats jump in it.
Ever since I heard "Song for the Dumped" Ben Folds has earned a special place in my soul. Finally, a song that GETS IT!
As for the wardrobe outfit thing, sounds like you're jonesing for a new Barbie doll or something. "Now let's forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream."
I do the outfit thing. Sometimes I have not bought anything new, sometimes I just decide to reappraise all my clothes. It can be pretty groovy and lead to wonderful "I did not know I had that cute skirt, I shall wear it tomorrow moments". It also leads to some stuff winding up at the charity shops as I wonder why I own it and hope someone may get some use out of it.
You could hitch hike to the concert. That would make for interesting blog fodder.
it feels good to make a decision, right? :)
Perhaps a friend with a car would like to go.....
Yummm pad thai, I must say I've never actually made it though I do love to order it at restaurants. Did you make it from scratch or use a premade sauce pack?
Post a Comment