Friday - Packed my bags, gave Rilo a hug, and headed down to the Harbourfront to hang out with a couple of my maternity-bound colleagues (who are sleeping soundly tonight, I bet). Wandered by waterside with a couple of cute babies, ice cream, and hotdogs. Why did summer weather come so late?
Hopped on a train and made it to St. Ratford. Watched some Flight of the Conchords with the 'rents.
Saturday - I realized this would be my last day to sleep in for a while, so I took advantage. I went out for coffee in the afternoon, then had a great wine and patio night with Jolene, Sandee and Teresa. Classic moments from the evening:
- Teresa commenting: "Out of all of us in high school, I would have never picked you, Christy, as the one to become a lush." This comment was in response to me talking about enjoying a lot of wine during my trip. I showed her by polishing off a few glasses that night. (Sandee kept pace though.)
- We were talking about some dude from high school, and about half-an-hour later, who ambles along on the street? I love small towns.
- Some girls, all dressed up in fancy clothes and heels, walked by us and fill our area with the scent of someone's perfume. Sandee commented that "it must be Oscar De La Renta because it smells whorish". She then went up to them, and said "I really like your perfume! What is it?" And now I totally forget what it turned out to be. Oh, it was Dior Addict.
I ran some errands for the 'rents, then met up with my Paris travel-buddy Heather, for some picture exchanging, coffee, gossip, and then we played St. Ratford tourists and wandered around the shops downtown. I love shopping downtown, because sooooooo many of the stores have been around since I was a kid, and it's fun to remember how I'd always get my mom to drop me off early for piano lessons so that I could browse in the The Green Room, which is an uber-cool vintage/contemporary fashion store. I got myself a funky pair of tights there on Sunday.
A bonus nostalgia moment came when I ran into my best friend (circa kindergarten through grade 6) in a shoe store. She switched schools, then moved, so we drifted off, and I haven't seen her in years. She recognized me right away, and we caught up on old times and reminisced about playing She-Ra at my house. She asked me if my parents were still living in the same place, and they are, which made me think about how it's neat that I can still go to my childhood home (and probably even dig some old She-Ra dolls out of the basement if I was feeling like it).
Monday - I hopped upon the morning train back to Toronto. I had a good sleep on the ride. I made it home to spend a lazy afternoon with Rilo, and downloading new music, most excitingly the new Two Hours Traffic album (produced by Sir Joel Plaskett) "Territory". I'm loving it so far. Finally, I met up with Mathew for coffee 'cuz we couldn't think of something better to do.
Sooooooooo, that brings us to the fact that it's a school night! Egads! Tomorrow's an easy day: we have super short classes, and then meetings in the afternoon. I'm going to wear my new dress that I bought on Oxford St. in London to make myself feel better. Anyway, tomorrow will be entirely easy: it's Wednesday where I have to teach full classes. Do I even remember how to do that anymore?
All right, I gotta pack my bags and make my lunch for tomorrow. It's been awhile since I've done that. I'm going to have to remember how...
ps I just downloaded Amy Millan's new album from Itunes. Right now, her cover of Death Cab's "I Will Follow You into the Dark" is making me happy to the power of infinity.
5 comments:
Have a great time back at school.
I'm only going to work half a day today too. But that's because I'm, well, lazy.
Wish I was there on Sat night. So sad to miss the whorish comment.
Joanna
That sounds like a great weekend. And I hope Wednesday goes well for you.
I may also need to check out Amy Millan now.
Woot! Back to school here tomorrow also...
...I may have a glass of wine ;).
Cxx
It's funny how you can talk about something/someone and voila there it/they are! A little creepy if you ask me!!
Post a Comment