I am waiting for this month to be over. I'm consumed with work. Last week, it was preparing for a student council event - a fasting-for-charity school sleepover event. It's my third time organizing this thing and supervising for the duration (i.e. 33 hour workday). That means that I spent my Friday night hanging out with teenagers. My Saturday morning from about 1:30 am to 2:30 am was spent acting as a prison warden trying to get them to sleep. I took off my shoes and my keys and walked around the kids silently, so they didn't know where I was, and would point and "SHHH!" a lot. Finally they fell asleep, and then I got to sleep on my air mattress for a few hours.
Now that that's over, I have a week in which I'll be furiously working on report cards, and then the last week of April will be spent working on an application for an environmental award. I hope I'll be able to exhale in May.
I'm also feeling overwhelmed in the rest of my life too. I felt ready for my 10K before Paris, but I haven't been having good runs since then. However, I have four weeks left, and that's plenty of time to get myself physically and mentally ready for it.
Also when it comes to looking forward to May, I'm going to see Rose Cousins at the beginning of the month. She's a singer/songwriter from Halifax, and I knew of her because she sings on Joel Plaskett's masterpiece "Three". I just got her album "We Have Made a Spark" today, and I love it. It's beautiful and dark. I love all of the songs on the album. It's very relevant to things that have gone on in my life. I just wish that I'd gotten it earlier.
Check out the song below. It's amazing how beautiful she sounds in what I assume is her backyard, and that black dog is cute too.
I feel like March and April have been rather dark months for me. I know that I haven't been quite myself. I can feel it in interactions with other people, and just my overall struggles in getting motivated to do anything. I've been doing a lot of emailing back and forth with people, and I feel like I actually have some things (concerts, etc) to look forward to in May and June. I hope that those months are less dark, and that I get back to being me.
5 comments:
I know you'll do well in your 10k and hope you're planning fun things for summer break!
That IS a good song, I'll be looking into her. I'm listening to the new Dragonette single right now - it's good too. When I'm feeling down, they tend to cheer me up - the louder the better.
Man, 33 hour work day - involving teenagers. I envy your patience girl!
I hope so too, beautiful girl. I jut know you'll smash your 10K. And I can't wait to hear all about whatever summer of awesome you have planned!
The song is just beautiful. I hope May picks up for you too. I always think of it as a light month so hopefully it will give you some light in the dark.
I also think you will do well in your 10K. Four weeks is a very long time to get yourself ready. You can do it. x
You always introduce me to new music via your blog and I always LOVE the songs and artists! I'm going to itunes to buy this one right now! Love it, thanks!
Hope you feel better soon :)
Post a Comment