Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'll shut up and carry on.

I went to my first high tea this weekend.  It was part of a surprise baby shower that I co-organized.  The mommy was very surprised and had a great time so I felt like it was a job well done.

I went to a birthday party and got to reconnect with friends.

I started a new knitting project after being on a knitting hiatus for a couple of years.

Despite this all, I thought far too many negative thoughts.  I need to stop this.  I can be so hard on myself.  I often think I'm my worst enemy.  Sigh.

However, I have an awesome summer coming up.... It's booked solid.  I'm excited.  Last week I booked myself into a super fancy hotel and spa in Winnipeg for two nights.  (My other nights will be spent on a sofa.)  I'm looking forward to some relaxation in the spa.

Maybe that will get rid of some of the negativity.


4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Your summer is going to be EPIC. EPICALLY AWESOME!!

rawbean said...

I just got back from Winnipeg and I had a blast - you are going to have so much fun!! What hotel?

THEN you are coming here which will also be so much fun so lots to look forward to my friend.

Claire said...

:(

I'm sorry you're feeling a little low, and hope the spa is a great relaxer! You are ace, and I can't wait to read all about your adventures this summer!

Cxx

Jabba said...

Yeah, your trip out here will be awesome! Jabba AND Rawbean in one trip? You won't be able to handle us.