Monday, June 11, 2012

Why'd you have to break all my heart?

It's been a fun few days.  Thursday was a busy day at school because it was student council elections (which I organized), then a staff meeting, and then I stayed until 7 pm marking marking marking.  Then I went to hang out with some friends, so that was fun, and needed.

Friday was less busy at school.  After the regular school day, I had the last community gardening session with my environmental club, and then I went to hang out with more friends.

I pretty much read all day Saturday.  I did run a few errands, and do a few chores, but I mainly read... with a few napping breaks too.

Today was a busy and fun day.  I went for a run at the gym (too hot and smoggy to run outdoors) and then met up with my pal Fea to do some work.  I marked, and she did some work for an online course.  However, it felt like the old days when we'd meet up almost every Sunday afternoon to mark.  She's on mat leave now, so good thing she's got a course to keep my misery company.

After that, I met up with my friend Jane for dinner, and then we headed to David Pecaut Square to catch Rufus Wainwright as party of Luminato (an arts festival here in TO).  The show opened with the "Rufus Wainwright Songbook" where a few musicians did versions of his songs.  The highlight for me was hearing Sarah Slean sing "Rebel Prince" from "Poses".

Rufus himself put on a great show.  He played many songs from his current album "Out of the Game".  I love that album, so I was very pleased.  He also played some old stuff, including my personal favourite, 14th Street from 'Want One".  I was so happy to see this one live.



Anyway, it was a great summer night to sit on the grass and enjoy an amazing musician.  I'm excited to hit more Luminato shows next weekend.

This upcoming week will start off slowly, but there's a lot of stuff that I'm looking forward to.  The new Metric album is out on Tuesday (woot), and then on Thursday, I've got dinner plans with Jabba.  I'm so excited to meet her while she's in town! Yay!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

14th Street is such a great song!

Your weekend sounds ace, like you hit a good pace. This week sounds fun too!

Claire said...

Gosh I love 14th Street! Your Saturday sounds very like my Sunday this coming weekend (exam marking notwithstanding!).

Jabba said...

Sitting in the grass listening to music sounds wonderful! I heard about the new Metric, I will have to wait until I get home to buy it. Plastic Operator also has a new album out, I love them.
We are in Jasper right now! The train is about to leave for our next big stop - Edmonton. See you Thursday! Woo HOO! CHOO! CHOO, Ok, I'll stop.

Miss Ash said...

I LOVE Sarah Slean!!!!!

ProdigyBoy said...

I shot some video of Sarah covering Rufus if you're interested.

Rebel Prince and Poses"

Nice blog btw. That Metric/Stars show is tempting but I would rather wait to see them in more intimate settings again if I can or a festival setting.

Cheers,

Cameron