Big concert news today.
Metric is touring Canada with Stars. TWO FAVOURITE BANDS AT ONCE!!! What could be better?
It's November 24th at the Air Canada Centre. I'll be on the floor with my best Metric pals. We got our tickets already in the presale - we're keeners. I can't believe it was two years ago that I saw them last. Time staggers on.
Stars - I saw 'em twice last June. Once in a little art gallery. Now I'm going to see them in a hockey arena.
Stadium love, my friends. Stadium love.
I have a huge crush on Emily Haines these days.
Also, you should check out the new Stars single from their album The North which is coming out on September 4th. That will be my back to school present, I suppose. I guess I can't completely dread back to school because it will bring new Stars.
You can (and should) download this song here.
In other music news, my beloved Sloan is planning a September tour where they will play their classic 1994 album "Twice Removed" in its entirety. (Remember how I saw them play their classic 1996 album in December?) So far, they're just doing the Twice Removed tour on the West Coast. I am crossing my fingers that they decide to spread the TR love here. TR features this song, which started Becca T's and my Sloan obsession.
Anyway, nothing kills negative thinking in me like thinking about music and concerts. Oh and thoughts about travel. I was chatting this evening with my friend Alison in Courtenay BC, and I'm thinking that we'll take an overnight trip to Tofino and go biking and hiking and stuff. I can't wait.
And, it's only nine more sleeps until Feist in Winnipeg!
So many happy thoughts!
UPDATE: More concerts
Since I wrote this post three hours ago, I have had friends confirm more shows to go to. I'm gonna see John K Samson in September, Beach House in October, AND Fiona Apple at the Chicago Theater in July with AlieMalie. Concert at a famous venue FTW!
2 comments:
Amazing. I am so jealous of all of these concerts!
Oh wow - Metric and Stars together!? I will see if they are coming here....I get all my music information from you these days - I didn't know Stars had a new album coming out either!!
I'm also jealous of your John K Samson concert ticket.
Post a Comment